“Delicious Flatbreads!”

UNION Kitchen & Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
UNION Kitchen & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: J Street
Description: UNION Kitchen & Tap offers New American Cuisine in an inviting, warm, and comfortable restaurant setting. The frequently changing menu relies heavily on organic, local ingredients and offer a variety of options to choose from including seasonal salads, hearty sandwiches, and a number of signature dishes for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. UNION Kitchen & Tap also offers a full complement of local craft beers, small vintage wines, and signature cocktails.
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have been trying to eat here for a year or so now. My boyfriend and I would go surf at Swami's and on the way back home try to get a table at Union at around 6:30pm but were always met with an hour plus wait. This time I was with a friend, stopped by at 5:30pm and no wait!

We ordered the soup of the day, which was a seafood bisque, the Watermelon Salad (red & yellow watermelon, arugala, avocado, ricotta salata and a sherry shallot vinaigrette), the Original Flatbread (grilled figs, Laura Chenel Goat Cheese, and balsamic onions) and side of their bacon mac n' cheese. The soup was phenomenal, especially after getting out of the cold ocean water but the watermelon salad and mac n' cheese were just okay. The flatbread was delicious...a perfect blend of sweet, salty and tangy.

The service was attentive. The atmosphere and people-watching were entertaining. Overall, I'm glad I didn't give up on trying to get a table at UNION.

1  Thank sdsurfkitty

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We came to Union for a laid back, casual brunch - the antidote to the expensive & crowded Easter buffets.

What we ordered: beignets, breakfast flatbread, brioche egg in a hole, chicken & waffles and finished with the peach crumble & bourbon pecan gelato. Everything was delicious with the breakfast flatbread and bourbon gelato being my favorites.

I read some of the reviews & we didn't encounter any of the 'bad' critiques: we had reservations for 11:25 but I arrived a little early & was seated right away; food came quickly and it was piping hot; the prices were reasonable and service was excellent. Ask for Max - he was our awesome waiter!

We will definitely come back.

1  Thank srv2sd
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just returned from Sunday brunch....outstanding!! Bacon or Asian Bloody Mary's were excellent. Chicken and waffle, biscuits and gravy, french toast, to scrambled eggs were served and delicious. Many other things on menu make it a definite go back.

1  Thank guinness/currant
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Saw the Union when driving thru town the other day and though "we should try that place". Two days later we went back and had lunch with the family. Glad we did!

The food was outstanding - try the Flatbread pizza or smoked chick sandwich. Nice selection of house special drinks and beer. Really liked the interior and atmosphere.

1  Thank LylefromBend
Reviewed March 29, 2012

At night they let waaaay too many people in the bar area and drink service is slow. A drunk guy bumped into me 5 seconds after buying a drink and it spilled all over my dress. The glass fell to the floor and shattered..it cut my fiance's foot..nothing serious but a comped drink was in order. The busser looked at me like.. sorry but I can't do anything about it. Unacceptable. The atmosphere is neat though.. on a Sunday when the doors are up it is nice to grab a bite to eat and people watch.