“Great lesson”
Review of Maui Surf Academy

Maui Surf Academy
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Maui Surf Academy beginner and first time surfers are our specialty! Whether you've tried it a few times or never at all it's no problem. We can accommodate surfers of any level and personalize classes to suit your learning needs with beginner through advanced training. Our patient and skilled instructors will take you from the sand to the sea and be with you every step of the way.
Az
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lesson”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I was quite nervous about my first surf lesson, mostly about being in the ocean...coming from AZ all that water made me very uncomfortable. But Matt was great, made me very comfortable, and I actually (with his help of course) caught a few waves! Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013

“Super cool!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just one phonecall with Matt and he arranged an instructor Jay. Me and my daughter for two hours. We had a blast and Matt and Jay were the best.
All the way from hollamd and we had a great time.
Thanks guys.

Berkeley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Perfect Surf lesson”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Last minute me an my 3 daughters ( twins 10 and youngest 7) decided we wanted to learn to surf. I called Maui talked to Matt and it was scheduled for later that day. Since there was 4 of us he had John helping him and we had the greatest time learning to surf! All of us caught the Perfect Wave and we all want to do it again, but we're leaving tomorrow! Thank you maui Surf Academy! Thank you Matt and John!

Littleton, Colorado
“Rippin' It With Maui Surf Academy”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I and our two boys (11 and 13) took two days of group lessons with Matt and his instructors. The first day was so much fun that we decided to do it again the next day! What an excellent adventure! We surfed at Swami's which was not very crowded-a huge bonus. We had 1:2 instructor to participant ratio which was so helpful for all of us. We were all successful in getting up and were able to ride numerous waves. Matt was extremely patient and used his "magic" on all of us! I had recently had several surgeries but was still able to surf successfully. We had surfed in Hawaii before, but this experience really helped us learn to surf. We highly recommend Matt and his skilled staff! You will not be disappointed! It was our best experience of our entire nine day vacation. We plan on coming back for more lessons the next time we visit Encinitas!

Encinitas, California
“Great week of camp!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My son is 8 years old. He had no experience surfing. The staff to camper ratio allowed for all 8 of the kids at camp to get up on their first few attempts. A very efficient lesson on land and right to the water! The kids had a blast. Their confidence in the water grew each day. The instructors were skilled and great with the kids. Many shouts of encouragement and congrats could be heard! Relaxed atmosphere, huge smiles, requests to get back in the water (after hydrating, snack and reapplication of sunscreen) and a very happy 8 year old surfer. I highly recommend Matt and his team to all.

Visited July 2013