“Most excellent!”
Review of Maui Surf Academy

Maui Surf Academy
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Maui Surf Academy beginner and first time surfers are our specialty! Whether you've tried it a few times or never at all it's no problem. We can accommodate surfers of any level and personalize classes to suit your learning needs with beginner through advanced training. Our patient and skilled instructors will take you from the sand to the sea and be with you every step of the way.
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I highly recommend Maui Surf Academy as a great place to learn surfing for young and old (or should I say young-at-heart) alike. Matt and staff are like surf gurus, ever patient and laid back, full of wise little pointers that help get you standing on those surf boards in no time.

Matt is a little overwhelmed by the response to their recent online marketing, so booking a reservation may require a few phone calls and some patience, but once you are there, be prepared for an amazing experience. My friend and I sure did! We can't wait to go back.

FYI for out-of-town folks: Meeting spot is at Swami's Park, NOT Swami's Cafe in Encinitas.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

the instructors were super nice and helpful. my friends and i had an awesome time!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hello everybody!
we are a swiss family and had such a nice time in cardiff by the sea!
we were travelling arround with a motorhome first to the national parks,
then had 10 more days to spend at the beach.
so we choose @ because of a swiss friend.
he has a nice cottage in cardiff, we were so happy in there....
so we are a sportive family!
the surf we never did until this moment.
and the surf lesson was so fun for all of us four!
we hope, go back one day.....
thanks to Matt and Cody again!!
bye and greatings from europe!!!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Matt and the Maui team were fantastic! We had 3 40+ dads and 4 10-12yr old kids for a 2 hour surf lesson...none of us had surfed before. We ALL had a great time and we ALL actually stood up and surfed during the lesson. The service was excellent and the instruction comprehensive and positive. Thanks Matt!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I are both beginner surfers and have taken lessons before while vacationing in Mexico and Hawaii. We were in town visiting and wanted to go surfing. We called several places that were unable to accommodate us and finally was referred to Matt @ Maui Surf Academ. I can't even begin to describe how completely impressed and satisfied we were with Matt and the quality of his instruction. He is a natural teacher, extraordinarilly patient, probably the best surfer I've ever seen in person, and a genuinely good person. We ended up booking a second lesson the next day and plan to continue to train and take lessons from Matt and Maui Surf Academy in the future. He also had an extremely high quality selection of surf boards and wetsuits that are way beyond what most surf schools provide.