“Customized surf instruction: supportive, fun and inspiring”
Review of Maui Surf Academy

Maui Surf Academy
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Maui Surf Academy beginner and first time surfers are our specialty! Whether you've tried it a few times or never at all it's no problem. We can accommodate surfers of any level and personalize classes to suit your learning needs with beginner through advanced training. Our patient and skilled instructors will take you from the sand to the sea and be with you every step of the way.
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We gave my son a series of SUP lessons for his birthday. He is 13 and though he was eager to learn, he was a little nervous about taking this step. He was opposed to a group setting. So I began looking for recommendations. I called our local surf shop and they highly recommended Matt at Maui Surf Academy. Matt was extremely professional. He was a great communicator and it was easy to set up a lesson. He was fair and easy going, yet I confident that I could trust him with my son. I totally felt that my need for assurances about my child's safety were heard. My son had a great time and was very excited about SUP and surfing. He felt a great sense of accomplishment and enjoyed Matt's company, as well as his instruction. I would not hesitate to recommend Maui Surf Academy to friends. Matt is personable, friendly and warm. All of his gear was new and was included in the price of the lesson. I did some price comparison and found that Maui Surf Academy was competitively priced with other surf instruction offerings. We were so happy with the level of attention we received, that I actually think it is an excellent value.

All reviews
"paddling"
"aloha"
"progression"

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband was attending a conference in Carlsbad and we found the Maui Surf Academy online. I was hesitant to book with a company I did not know as I would be surfing for the first time with my children while my husband was attending meetings. Matt accomodated all of us. He provided everything we needed beach side. He and his wife were wonderful with my children. We ALL got up several times - ages 44, 8 and 11. We felt comfortable the entire time and had a perfect afternoon surfing. Thanks Matt and Maui Surf Academy. We would recommend you to anyone.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I booked a beginner surf lesson with the Maui Surf Academy for myself and my niece at Swami's in Encinitas and couldn't have asked for a better time. Matt was an extremely patient and knowledgable instructor. He took the time to teach us the basics and then proceeded to ease us into surfing. The smiles on my niece was priceless. I highly recommend the Maui Surf Academy and Matt Allen to any beginner surfer. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Maui Sirf Academy had our boys for a week of camp down at Swami's. The boys were so happy to get to camp each day and didn't want to come home afterwards. They have learned so quickly and are loving getting out in the water. Matt and Ryan are knowlegable, laid-back, and very good with the kids. The 3:1 student/instructor ratio was ideal so the boys got tons of time on the board and were standing up in the first hour. Our boys were treated like family from the beginning and were comfortable and confident in the water by the end of the week. The price can not be beat considering how small they kept the camp and how much instruction our boys got.
Thanks MSA!