“Very Impressed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Encinitas
Moonlight Beach Motel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My sister and I were in Encinitas to visit her daughter and needed a place to stay for a few days. Her daughter suggested the Moonlight Beach Motel as it was very close to her apartment. I am so happy she suggested this place. The room was exceptionally clean. The bed was the most comfortable mattress I have slept on in a Hotel/Motel in many years!! My sister and I both commented on that fact many times. We had a beautiful view of the beach. Both sunrise and sunsets were picture perfect and getting to enjoy them on the balcony was such a pleasant part of the day.
You have to meet George...he runs the whole facility AND VERY WELL!!
He is pleasant, kind, caring and makes sure your stay is an enjoyable one. I never had the pleasure of meeting his wife Deb although I am sure she would make sure all customer needs were met as well.
I will going back to see George & Deb everytime my sister and I have the opportunity to visit Encinitas again.
Thank you Moonlight Beach Motel for making our sister weekend so spectacular!!
Sharon Cooper
Huntington Beach, CA
Sandee Boyd
Henderson, NV

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SSCooper
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

SSCooper

WOW, thanks for the kind words ! I didn't realize you were sisters, I thought they were shooting another movie sequel of "Thelma and Louise". It's guests like you that make The Moonlight Beach Motel what it is today and fun for Deb and I.

I have to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" ! As you realized this is a non smoking property in the rooms, balconies - front and back, and walk ways in consideration of other guests. So often some guests don't understand this policy. You guys, even though it was a bit cold during your stay were so polite and smoked on the open air patio area and never questioned our policy. We want all our guests to be happy ! The smoking and quiet hours policy (9:00 pm to 9:00 am) are what our guests expect when they stay at the Moonlight Beach Motel.

We look forward to your return often !

cheers geo & deb

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Moonlight Beach Motel is a little gem with views of the beach two blocks away. Debra & George treated us like family. When I broke my knee they transferred us to a handicap-equipped room. They made sure we had everything we needed. This was our second stay there, and other family members have stayed there in the past. The place is very clean, tastefully furnished, and quiet. Rates are very reasonable, too. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South end have the best views (2nd & 3rd floor)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Susan G,

So glad you made it home safe and sound, we know it was not an easy journey. We miss you, "D" and the bacon :^)

Stay warm, get well and come back soon ...

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to review the Moonlight Beach Motel on TripAdvisor ...

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Arrived late after a delay in our flight over from London..but George was waiting up for us even on a Sunday evening..!!

Rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable and the rates very reasonable..small kitchen area should you need it..and plenty of fresh towels in the bathroom always welcome.

Plenty of great recommendations from George and Debbie as to where to shop and eat..hopefully see you again next year.

Room Tip: get a sea view or glimpse of it from a room on the third floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank markandgina
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

markandgina,

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Although the office is only open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm we always make arrangements for late arrivals especially for international guests knowing delays are always possible.

We look forward to your return ... cheers geo & deb

Reviewed December 15, 2012

A bit hard to find as it on a hill and a steep little incline.
We drove right by it the first time.
I stayed in early December and found the $95.00 rate reasonable.
The view from the room was great and the layout was good
The continental breakfast (packaged muffins and pastry) did not start til 9AM
If I needed I could have booked a week or so stay as the room was an efficiency unit.

Room Tip: Book a room with a ocean view if available
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hotimeray
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

hotimeray,

“Out of the way place”, yes, we are a bit off the beaten path being west of the "Coast 101 hwy" and the streets change names that near to the beach so it can be confusing. I hope you are able to return for a week on your next trip and enjoy the benefits of the "efficiency" type rooms.

Deb & I have long 12 hr + days, and as much as we would like to offer earlier access to the coffee and packaged treats, we just can't change that. We do provide coffee pots upon request, but for short one night stays most guests seem to like walking down to "A" street to the "Lofty Bean" coffee shop if they rise before 9:00 AM. We will set you up the night before next time so you don't have to wait ...

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our second stay here. The first was about 10 years ago on a trip down the coast and it was our favorite place then so we decided to book again this August when we were going to be in L.A for a wedding. It did not disappoint. It was exactly the same...comfortable, friendly and relaxing. George and Deborah were welcoming and helpful. We really enjoyed chatting with them.
The town is great, still kind of laid-back, not pretentious, full of good restaurants and funky shops.
Fabulous beach and the motel is so close to it. It was great having the kitchenette to prepare breakfast in. Will certainly return next time we're down that way.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate G
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Kate G

I hope it's not another 10 years before we see you again
" It was exactly the same...comfortable, friendly and relaxing."
Yes, as deb and I have always said,
"Some things were just not meant to be changed"
And I can't describe Encinitas any better than you ...
"kind of laid-back, not pretentious, full of good restaurants and funky shops"

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay there. Great spot for beaches and town. Nice outlook. George and Debbie are natural hosts. They make sure that you feel welcome and go out of their way to accommodate. Would top my list for Encinitas lodging! Thanks Guys!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 63JulieL
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

63JulieL,

Thank you for your review, and your kind words ...
Deb and I enjoy our work and the guests at the motel are so nice,
it's easy to be "natural hosts" ...
We look forward to your return ...

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed the view of the ocean from our room on the third floor. We felt so welcomed having arrived from Sweden. The motel is walking distance to the beach and restaurants. The Moonlight Beach is a wonderful beach to take long walks along, bare feet in the water...Encinitas is a good place to come to to recharge your body, mind and spirit.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Rbfearon
MoonlightBeachMotel, Manager at Moonlight Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Rbfearon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I've said this before, but once again, "we have met so many new and wonderful people as guests" and we treat people like they treat us, so the family attitude seems to go both ways. This is why we consider The Moonlight Beach Motel a unique property that so many new and return guests have come to expect with there stay here. Your description of Encinitas can't be put any better.

We look forward to your return ... cheers, geo & deb ...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach
Portofino Beach Inn - Encinitas
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - ...
#2 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Ocean Palms Beach Resort

Been to Moonlight Beach Motel? Share your experiences!