“Best Cornedbeef hash I ever Had”
Review of 101 Diner

101 Diner
Ranked #9 of 300 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Carlsbad, CA
“Best Cornedbeef hash I ever Had”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very friendly and local. Everyone knows you etc. The special home made corned beef hash is like no other. Great service and the coffee is one of the best i have had anywhere including Hawaii and Columbia. Excellent Eggs Benedict of many different versions, all are some of the best anywhere.

Visited January 2013

Brookline
“Great Homemade Corned Beef Hash”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went for Breakfast with My Dad. I had the Pancakes with Coconut Syrup and He had hash with poached eggs. My Pancakes were good, I ordered the large portion which was huge and really enough for two people. I was not a big fan of the coconut syrup so I switched it for regular syrup. The highlight was the homemade hash which my Dad ordered and I made a point of ordering it the next time we went there.

The service is excellent and the prices and portions make this place a great value.

• Visited January 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Highlight of our entire trip!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came to San Diego for 4 days with another couple, we researched a lot before trying to decide where to eat and although this place was way out of our way by about 30 minutes, we got up early and did it anyway and we are SOOO happy that we did! We sat at the bar and 3 out of the 4 got the carne asada eggs benedict and not a scrap of food was left on any of their plates. I got the italian omelet and it was definitely one of the best omelet's I've ever had. The owner was so fun to talk to and the service was great. Only wish we were closer so we could have gone back for more!!!

• Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“You haven't lived until you have been to "The Diner"”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place is hands down THE BEST breakfast in all of San Diego (an quite possibly the whole world in my humble opinion). Their Eggs Benedict is to die for, I have no idea what is in their holandaise sauce, but it is unlike any other I have had before. Once you have theirs, any other holandaise saice will taste like watered down potato soup. If you are looking for a a lighter breakfast, I highly recommend the acai bowl. I have been coming here for years, and this place is almost like a second home. I wont go anywhere else for breakfast.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank EmilyOhh
Encinitas, California
“Love the crepe with fruit and avocado eggs benedict”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

this is an old 101 local, friendly breakfast place , long wait at certain times on weekends + good brunch food, and great service

Visited May 2012