“I liked it, I will go back and I would recommend it.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Italian Sandwich Shop
Cuisines: Italian
Carlsbad, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I liked it, I will go back and I would recommend it.”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

First let me say everything tasted very fresh. I thought the pizza was great. What made it great was that it reminded me of some of the best pizza I have ever eaten in my life. Almost as if it was a cross between a real New York pizza and pizza you would eat if you were in Italy. Good enough to bring back fond memories. My wife had the meat lasagna and it was very good. Also, I tried the italian cold cut sandwich and if I could minus the mayo and mustard it tasted just as good any any italian sub I have ever tried in a "Little Italy" around the U.S. So take the fact Giovanni's is in a sleepy little north county beach town, I would say try it out. Order something simple and I am sure it will be good. Last but not least, Imet Vito for the first time and he was very friendly.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank willix7

San Diego, California
“Very BAD pizza and pasta, the WORST Italian food I had all year.”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We went there on a Friday night, ordered a pasta dish + a pizza. The penne was falling apart, the sauce was watery and the pizza crust tasted like a saltine cracker without the salt. The restaurant was cold and drafty, service was slow and the prices were way too high.

• Visited December 2010
Minnesota
“tasty take out sandwiches”
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Good price, good taste, good size. We would definietly try again. Take out best when restaurant is not busy. Giovanni's Sandwich Shop is right next to restaurant.

Ventura
“Stay away”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

This place sucks! It is simply beyond horrible! Friends would not let friends eat here! I got sick! Even my dog got sick from scraps!

Carlsbad, CA
“You've got to be kidding”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

At lunch I ordered a sandwich that the menu said came with cheese. Then when the bill came, the restaurant had charged me extra for cheese. I had to argue with the waiter to get the extra charge taken off.
And the sandwich wasn't anything special.