“None better anywhere”

Sushi House
Ranked #179 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is without a doubt the best real sushi restaurant in the San Diego area, and i think in Southern California. The owners operate the restaurant, inspect the fresh fish deliveries daily, and make sure that everyone feels welcome. The food is FRESH and extremely well prepared. With a staff that has been with them since they opened 12 years ago, the standard of excellence is evident in how many their customers are long time repeats. This is by far the best sushi we have ever had and it is the ONLY place we will go for this delicious way of eating healthy food.

1  Thank Mal H

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Sushi House is a regular family favorite. The staff is consistently attentive and friendly. The food is delicious and served in a timely manor. You won't need reservations, but the house is full enough to let you know that they're doing their job well.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is one of our favorite places to eat because it's close-by, the food is fresh and tasty, they have some great happy hour prices, and the folks sitting at the sushi bar look like they have loads of fun with the sushi chefs! It's really my first pick when we want to eat sushi.

That being said, the one thing that always makes me decide to eat here ~begrudgingly~ is the service we get. The servers are nice and are always smiling, but their niceness doesn't feel really genuine, but like it's almost a bother to them to wait on us or serve us. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I'm sure there are places you go to where you KNOW that the service and kindness are genuine and they really want you there. I don't get that feeling from being here. Maybe we need to sit at the sushi bar more often.

But the rolls are delicious and fresh and it's always a yummy place to eat!

I came here last Friday with my grandmother just after lunchtime, and they gave her huge slices of sashimi, which we were both very happy about.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Some local friends took my wife and I there for Sushi and we were very pleased - the Salmon was very fresh, the rolls were tasty, and the specials were good. The "spicy" really was spicy too. All in all, a great choice.

1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I'd not been here is a few years, but my friends with insatiable sashimi appetites raved about it. We're not much on rice, so the thee of us shared several platters of ahi, yellow tail, salmon and other mild tidbits proffered by the sushi chef. We also ordered the "dynomite" baked dish which was very rich and delicious. My guests enjoyed saki and the atmosphere was fun and friendly which made it a delightful evening. The check was very reasonable for all that we consumed, so I'll be going back.

1  Thank Bchgrl9