“Decent Happy Hour, Average Service”
Review of Elephant Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went in for a few drinks and food at happy hour and grabbed a table in the bar area. Even though several servers saw us sit down, we waited almost 10 minutes before someone came by and took our drink order, and they just weren't that busy. The prices are good and the food was OK, but the service needs work. I would go back one more time to give the service a second chance, but that will be it. I have eaten at other Elephant Bar locations and the service was always good.

There are newer reviews for Elephant Bar

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Met our nephew from the 'big city' [SF] in Emeryville at the Elephant Bar. Food was great, place was clean, mens' room was clean (that's usually unheard of in a chain). Service was good, value priced and food was very good.

Downside, it's noisy.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Service was okay, food was okay, atmosphere was okay. Exactly what you would expect from the Elephant Bar, can't go wrong.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Walked into this very appealing looking restaurant and decided to peruse the menu before I sat down to make sure they had something desirable that I would enjoy eating. After careful consideration, I informed the host that I would be staying. I was asked to patiently wait and was seated shortly. The waitress was busy, but she did stop by my table and let me know that she'd be right with me. She returned shortly and asked for my drink order, to which I happily gave her, and since I had already looked at the menu, I was ready to give her my food order. I asked for their deliciously described burger which I thought would have made a perfect match for the draft beer I ordered. Well that's when my mouth watering came to an abrupt HALT. She said, "You're going to hate me, but we're out of burgers." In disbelief, I looked at her and told her, not a problem, I guess I'll just go somewhere else and get a burger." She was nice as she informed me that if I went down the road, I could have a mediocre burger. I thanked her and walked out. If you decide to go for a burger, be prepared for this, but hopefully you'll get to enjoy one, while I didn't.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stopped in this restaurant on a Saturday night before a game ordered the seared Ahi Salad (love that they tell me how many calories it was) the salad portion was very generous it had edamame, lettuce, dried tomatoes and some very tasty dressing, the food came quickly and the services was very prompt. I will come again when I am in the area. The friend I was with had the Orange Chicken dish, he loved it thought it was well done and that the vegetables were cooked perfectly.