“Can't believe this hotel has a three star rating.”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
california
“Can't believe this hotel has a three star rating.”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

__Made a reservation for my daughter and myself. Found out that my husband and her fiance could manage to accompany us. We didn't know for sure because of Marine Corps operational commitments. I called the hotel and explained that I knew they charged more for 4 and we needed to add two more to the reservation and needed a room with two beds. They stated they couldn't change the reservation at the hotel we had to call Travelocity. Called Travelocity and they stated any changes to the room had to be made through the hotel. Called back the main reservation line and asked about changing or reserving a second room. "We're all booked up." Not sure of the exact phrasing, but main reservations made it sound like they could adjust the extra people fee at check in.
__At check in, had all four of us, no cancellations and only our reserved room with a king bed. I was prepared to pay extra for the extra guests. No charge. Okay. Sounds like a reasonable compromise. ...Until...the next night when they told my daughter's fiance that he couldn't have extra blankets because we were only supposed to have two in the room and we would have to pay extra and move to a double. (Not very nicely stated or expressed) But great, we can just pay the extra and get a double. I call the front desk and ask about a double for the evening. "We're sorry, we're completely booked."
__The hotel charges for parking. __There is no pool. __The spa was out of order during our entire stay. __The traffic noise from the freeway was annoying when trying to go to sleep.__The room and hotel was clean and the elevators were very quick, but noisy. __Parking was adequate. __The maids were friendly and always said hello when I passed them in the hall.__Free internet, decent connection speed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Warrington
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I stay in Emeryville about once a year but hadn't tried this hotel before. The kids really loved the free cookies and lemonade. The hot tub is quite nice and secluded. The rooms generally seem to have good views and are absolutely silent so you don't hear the expressway noise.
But the thing that really made our stay was the HASHBROWNS. I ran into the manager in the computer room and he asked if they could do anything at all to make our stay better. Although the free breakfasts were very complete, they were missing a vital ingredient. My 6 year old British son LOVES hashbrowns and they weren't on the menu. Much to my suprise, less than an hour after mentioning this, when I went to the restaurant the manager approached to say that the chef would happily make Bertie some hashbrowns. They were absolutely delicious and we all enjoyed them. It is really rare to get this kind of service and I really thought it deserved to be mentioned!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hundested
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I just experienced to pay for some strangers hotel room. When I first told them it took them a week to answer me - when they finally did, they suggested that I might have known this person. They didn't excuse or anything. I wrote back and told them to refund the 354 $ and Now I haven't heard from them again. This means that I have to pay interest to Master from July 12th till they decide to refund ( we are now August 29th). How is this possible and how can the hotel make such a mistake and not even apologize?
Lisbeth - Denmark

2 Thank maggieHundested
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Nice, clean, large, well located. Near some nice things. Right down the road is the best pizza either of us have ever had, at Roba's Pizza Cafe, so that makes the stay even better. Good breakfast. Good service. Nice to be near the water. A bit pricey, but not for the Bay Area. Some good deals. The $5 parking charge, for guests, seems a silly way to make a happy stay seem like you were nickeled and dimed. Reasonable price for burritos and sandwiches, good ones, in the little pantry store. But seriously, skip those and visit Roba's. We recommend the Olympia pizza there. Oh, and for the Hilton Garden, near nice waterside walking and bike trails. The highway is right there, but that is unavoidable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Every once in a while, you walk into a hotel and you immediately feel just like home. From the comfortable couches in the front entrance with a welcoming fireplace to the smell of home baked cookies, coolers with tasty sandwiches and a micro for food you can heat up next to the front reception to a great breakfast place with lots of windows -- everything was perfect for our working meeting. The buffet breakfast was the best I've experienced in a long time even offering fun menu cards that you fill out yourself if you want a special omelet. The hotel staff could not do enough for us -- everywhere you turned a smiling face offering to help, so warm and genuine. The room, the duvet, the layout -- again everything was just perfect. So thank you everyone, too many to name, you just made our stay so very special -- a spirit that carried into our day-long meetings. The business center was so accessible, easy to print documents with lots of paper and computers on hand.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
st. louis, Mo
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Great breakfast! Great service. Very clean. 10-15 minutes from san fran. Only draw back low flow toliet and shower, but I think it is the whole state of Ca.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the California Audio Show and we really enjoyed it. The staff at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. The room we had was big, clean with a great view. The price was reasonable. We now have another place to stay when we visit our daughter at Cal Berkeley which is less than 5 miles away.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Inn at Temescal
Inn at Temescal
#8 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!