__Made a reservation for my daughter and myself. Found out that my husband and her fiance could manage to accompany us. We didn't know for sure because of Marine Corps operational commitments. I called the hotel and explained that I knew they charged more for 4 and we needed to add two more to the reservation and needed a room with two beds. They stated they couldn't change the reservation at the hotel we had to call Travelocity. Called Travelocity and they stated any changes to the room had to be made through the hotel. Called back the main reservation line and asked about changing or reserving a second room. "We're all booked up." Not sure of the exact phrasing, but main reservations made it sound like they could adjust the extra people fee at check in.
__At check in, had all four of us, no cancellations and only our reserved room with a king bed. I was prepared to pay extra for the extra guests. No charge. Okay. Sounds like a reasonable compromise. ...Until...the next night when they told my daughter's fiance that he couldn't have extra blankets because we were only supposed to have two in the room and we would have to pay extra and move to a double. (Not very nicely stated or expressed) But great, we can just pay the extra and get a double. I call the front desk and ask about a double for the evening. "We're sorry, we're completely booked."
__The hotel charges for parking. __There is no pool. __The spa was out of order during our entire stay. __The traffic noise from the freeway was annoying when trying to go to sleep.__The room and hotel was clean and the elevators were very quick, but noisy. __Parking was adequate. __The maids were friendly and always said hello when I passed them in the hall.__Free internet, decent connection speed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge is nestled on the waterfront at the foot of the historic San Francisco Bay Bridge in Emeryville, CA and boasts panoramic views of the Berkeley Hills and the San Francisco Bay. The hotel is conveniently located minutes from Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland and offers complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge Hotel Emeryville
- Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville
- Emeryville Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Emeryville