Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Hotel is in a perfect location for my trip. Service was fantastic, room was clean, hotel was quiet, beds were comfortable, shower had perfect water pressure, bathroom was clean, and the breakfast buffet was tasty. What else can you ask for? Oh the cabs were close and arrived minutes after calling. Also the car was safe in a secured parking lot. I'd stay here everytime I visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
tcald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2010

We understand how valuable your time is, and our entire team would like to thank you for using it to tell others of your wonderful experience with the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We were extremely pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations on all levels. Please know that you can always count on us to do so! Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed with Friends at the Hilton Garden in Emeryville, CA recently. This is my 2nd time staying there and have to say the Facilities, Staff were nothing short of Outstanding.

The location is perfect for Freeway access off and on in either direction allowing easy traveling between both sides of the Bay.

Value Value Value

This will be our spot for all Bay Area stays in the future and will certainly be telling all I know.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Allow us to extend our sincere gratitude to you for taking time to tell others of your amazing experience with the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Thank you for highlighting our convenient location, high quality value, and fabulous customer service. Thank you so much for staying with us; we sincerely appreciate your business. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband had a business meeting held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Emeryville, CA so I decided I would go have some shopping fun and go with him. What a nice clean hotel, restaurant with great food and service and evening bar for wine. Shopping in Berkeley was fun also, but not so fun when I left my entire outfit in the room when we checked out. I called them and talked with Jan, Housekeeping Supervisor and she told me she had my outfit and would ship it immediately --- so immediate I had it the next day! Her supervisor Tiffanie contacted me to follow up that all my needs were met. What a great hotel paying attention to details and customer service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
tcald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2010

We are thrilled to read that our customer service exceeded your expectations! Nothing is more frustrating than leaving valuables behind and I am pleased that we were able to return them to you so quickly. I will share your feedback with Jan and the team. Thank you for taking time to post this wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

I have stayed at this property 60 or more days a year for the past 4 years when I travel to the Bay area on business. This was always been a very comfortable property with generally excellent customer service from the front desk staff on up. But the current General Manager has managed to take this hotel and the entire staff to another level that I seldom see anywhere else. This is 5 star hotel thanks to the efforts and imprint she has brought to this locale. Great location for everything I need in the East Bay, a welcoming staff that are always right on point and a culture that has been created to sustain this feeling throughlout the entire hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
tcald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2010

From the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, thank you for taking time to post this wonderful review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business! Judging from the review, it appears as though you stay with us frequently and we appreciate that you felt passionately enough about the level of service that we provide to tell others of your experience! Thank you again, and we'll see you back very soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2010

First, let me make clear that my wife, daughter, and I were treated very well by the staff at this hotel. The front desk staff located our daughter's lost jacket (in the parking lot, no less) and immediately contacted us so that we could recover it. The bartender gave my wife a glass full of cut lemons to take to our room and put in her tea. There were other "random acts of kindness" as well.
However....as I have noticed at a few stays at HGI's across the country, the Hilton Corp seems bent on saving money in odd places and charging guests for things like parking and breakfast. This time, the problem was the guest laundry facilities. For this large (maybe 500 rooms) hotel the advertised laundry facilities were one small washer and one small dryer for the whole hotel. And no laundry detergent for sale. Upon checking in, we were also told that we could get a ride to the train station 4 blocks away upon check-out. Yes, even when I pointed out that it would be 9am on a Sunday. Of course, I made sure about a half hour before we had to leave. And of course, they don't have a shuttle on weekends (!?). We took a cab. At least the parking was only $5 for guests; much cheaper than I've experienced at other HGI's.
I should mention that the room was very nice - comfortable beds, great views regardless of whether you have a "bay view" or "city view" room. But after a few stays, I'm starting to wonder why it is that every time I stay in a HGI, I leave with a bad impression despite the best efforts of the staff - and I'm not one of these "Oh, it was horrible - I saw a hair on the floor in the hallway" people. Next time we're passing through the Emeryville Amtrak station, we'll try the Marriott up the street - they even have a Hertz office in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
tcald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the wonderful customer care that you experienced on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Bay Bridge. As you stated, the hotel does charge for breakfast; however the other hotel that you mentioned also charges, so please be thoughtful of that when making future reservations. If you consistently use Hilton Hotels and obtain Gold or Diamond member status with Hilton Honors, breakfast is complimentary; so join the program and you'll be on your way to complimentary upgrades and breakfast in no time! One other item of note, the hotel has 279 guest rooms, not 500 in case anyone needs that information, and thus just one washer and dryer.

Reviewed March 23, 2010

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn did a great job of hosting our women's basketball team while in town for the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I would highly recommend this property for team travel.

1  Thank TeamAdministrator
tcald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2010

As the Official Team Hotel of the Cal Berkeley Golden Bears, hosting teams of all kinds is our specialty! Thank you for taking time to let others know of your wonderful experience with the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We look forward to hosting your teams again in the future, and GO LADY BEARS!!

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I come to the bay area for business frequently and use various hotels. This time I needed to utilize a meeting room as well. The hotel set me up in the Board Room - it was perfect! All the amenities I needed, and a beautiful view!
The catering was delicious, and the staff very friendly.
The hotel is centrally located so that I am only 15 minutes away from everywhere I need to do business, whether it is Oakland, San Fransisco, San Mateo, Berkeley, or Union City....
Will definately stay here again!!!! This is now my hotel of choice!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
tcald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, thank you for taking time to let others know of your outstanding experience with our hotel. With stunning views of the San Francisco Bay and Berkeley Hills, our 10,000 square feet of flexible function space is perfect for gatherings both small and large. We sincerely appreciate you highlighting our wonderful service and high quality amenities. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Oakland Marriott City Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!