“Home away from home”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I spent 7 weeks on business in the Emeryville area. The service at this hotel was outstanding from the representatives behind the desk, to the restaurant staff and to the staff behind the scenes. It is clear they have many returning customers as the General Manager remembers everyone by name and greets all of us over our morning coffee. This hotel made my long weeks turn into really short weeks. I already miss all my new found friends at the Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
TiffCaldwell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2009

Thank you for taking time to let others know of your wonderful experience with our hotel throughout the 7 weeks that you were here with us. Thank you for your business! Making our home feel as much like your home as possible is extremely important to us! We're thrilled to see that we achieved that goal. From our family to you: Thank you, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed March 9, 2009

I have been traveling to the Oakland area every week since mid November 2008. I cannot say enough about the Hilton Garden Inn at Emeryville. The entire staff is generous with their time and dedication to making my stays perfect. I value the fact that their hard work provides me a stay that makes me feel like I am home. The food, whether at the restaurant or room service, is always delicious. The General Manager, Tiffanie Caldwell, has taken valuable time to check on my stays and to provide me with excellent service and support. In the four and a half years I have been traveling for work, I can attest that this is the best customer service I have ever received.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
TiffCaldwell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2009

We are extremely pleased to hear that our high level of customer care has consistently exceeded your expectations! There is nothing more important to our business than YOU, our valuable return guests. Thank you so much for taking time to let others know of your amazing experiences with our hotel. We look forward to continuing to serve you on all of your future stays!

Reviewed February 27, 2009

I can understand why this is a top rated hotel in the area. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The location - right between the Berkley Hills and the San Francisco Bay is ideal. We have made the Hilton Garden our home away from home when we come into San Francisco on AMTRAK. The train station is about a mile from the Hilton Garden. We have usually eaten breakfast while there but have not had the pleasure of lunch until this visit. We were very pleasantly surprised to find the meal to be outstanding!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
TiffCaldwell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2009

Our entire team would like to thank you for highlighting our exceptional customer service and high quality amenities! We know that your time is extremely valuable, and we sincerely appreciate you letting others know of your wonderful experience with our hotel. We're also thrilled to see that you'll be joining us again in the future! We look forward to welcoming you back: See you soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2009

Basically a good value. Still in the middle of my stay, but wanted to get this done before I move on... Mountain view rooms are a bit noisy from the freeway if you are sensitive. Elevator shaft had weird odor, but room was clean and basic. Microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
TiffCaldwell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2009

Thank you for taking time to let others know of your great experience with the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Thank you also for mentioning the microwaves and refrigerators that are in every guest room. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next stay, and I will ensure that you receive a nice, quiet room on the bay side of the hotel. Once again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed February 20, 2009

This Hilton has the best ever staff. They're friendly, available, always willing to help, and go out of their way to ensure your accommodations meet your needs. I have been traveling for business for nearly 14 years, almost every week, and the personnel hotel at this property exceed my expectations every week that I'm there. They make me feel very welcome and it's a pleasure to have this Hilton Garden Inn be my home away from home for the duration of my business engagement. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Bay Bridge, we would like to extend our sincere gratitude to you for taking time to let others know of your exceptional experience with our hotel. Providing our valuable guests with the highest level of customer care is our #1 goal! We're thrilled to know that we achieved that objective in your case. We look forward to welcoming you back again for future stays.

Reviewed February 19, 2009

This was my second business trip to the area, staying at this hotel. From the Hotel Manager to all the staff-everyone went over and above to provide great, individualized customer service. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to business associates.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
TiffCaldwell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2009

Exceeding our valuable guests' expectations is our top priority at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge! We are extremely pleased to hear that our outstanding customer service and high quality amenities exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Emeryville!

Reviewed February 6, 2009

If you are doing business Berkley. Oakland, San Francisco areas this is the hotel for you!

This hotel is very nice in appearance from outside to in. The staff are professional and willing to accommodate you as much as they can. The food is excellent, and the beds are very comfortable.
After having a major back surgery, the hotel beds are always a concern. I know that I can count on Hilton brand hotels for great beds. I spend about 120 nights per year in hotels, and I can tell you that the Manager - Ms Caldwell and her staff are dedicated to making every experience within my stay as comfortable as possible.
If there are any issues they welcome the feedback, and work to better your experience so that you can be 100% satisfied.

My hat is off to Ms. Caldwell in her team, as this hotel has changed significantly in my book since she has been the GM.

The other great thing about this hotel is that it is centrally located. Minutes to Berkly, Oakland, and even San Francisco. My travel to the area forces me to use both San Francisco and Oakland airports, and this is an easy commute from either location.

Keep up the great work! See you soon!

GC

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gcollins3
TiffCaldwell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2009

Thank you so much for using valuable time to let others know of your wonderful experience with the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. It is a privilege to serve you on every stay: Ensuring the complete satisfaction of our valuable return guests is the cornerstone of our business. After all, you're the reason we're all here. We look forward to having you "back home" soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!