“Jessica and her weekend crew are awesome!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Jessica and her weekend crew are awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wow, this hotel was awesome even though under construction. It was noisy and smelled horrible of paint and chemicals, but the service exceeded my expectations therefore I will return! I stayed quite a few days and was immediately off to a bad start. My admin booked me in doubles near the elevator, I missed my connection flight due to weather conditions and to top it of, the airline lost my luggage and I had nothing to wear and had a very important business meeting with partners in the SF area early the next morning. The Front Desk Manager Jessica took care of me and went the extra mile. I would love to say that she did this because I'm a Diamond member, but I don't really know if she knew or not. Their shuttle wasn't running that night, but she drove me to target anyway at 10:30pm and saved the day!! That night was hectic, but she stayed level headed and seemed happy and eager to help me! She also gave me great recommendations for room service, which I never use. Garden Inn's never usually have good food but it was great this time! I actually ate in the room twice more during the week. The Mobley Burger was excellent. Thanks Jessica!! I know that I can be very demanding, but as a Hilton Diamond member I know my worth and your staff were excellent at accommodating me. The Evening/Weekend Crew were awesome. Ray, Mona, Felicia and Jessica were so fun and kept me laughing at check in and EVERYTIME I walked through the lobby I felt like an old friend!! . A great bunch of girls. It would be nice if the morning crew that I checked out with on Tuesday were the same. They were nice, but lacked the personality and interaction I received on weekends. Their heads were constantly in the computer and not much eye contact at all. All in all this hotel exceeded my expectations for a Garden Inn. It's a large property with great views of the city and bridge. I'll be sure to come back when I'm training again. Thank you!!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear BananaBread22, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. This is a fantastic story with a great ending. Our team members are constantly going out of their way to help out guest and most of the time, unless the guest calls me or comments on line, I never know about it. They just do it because they care.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon. Please stop by and say hello on your next visit.

Sal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Good cozy rooms with wonderful views if facing the Bay Area. Good service and scrumptious breakfast.the sunrise views are breathtaking. Lots of hotels/choices in the areas but this one was definitely a good stay

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear vinitbhavi, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do have a great location and great views! We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here on my first visit to Emeryville for work. Room was recently remodeled, very clean, and included a nice micro/fridge and lots of space in my king, bay-view room.

The gals at the front desk had great recommendations for a quick after-work run....and wasn't it a super surprise to find out that from the hotel, around the beach path and marina (right to the end of the pier) and back by the road was a perfect 5K?

Restaurant and room service are standard HGI...but the Baja BLT is worth hanging out in the hotel. Yum!

Love the beds here. perfect nice and firm but not a rock.

Overly Picky Cons:
Nice views...only wish was for clean windows...but it had been rainy after a long drought, I'm probably being overly picky.

I did hear folks in either the hall or next door at 4 and 5 am...that was when my sound machine app had shut down. Halls are a bit narrower than in other HGI's I've visted.

Room Tip: I'm thinking a bay view is the only way to go...I'd think the other side would be noisy from...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear MichelelnMD, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. It is always great to hear how our team members were very helpful to our guest. We do have a great team.

I do like hearing accurate and detailed critiques. It really does help us get better. We do have a window cleaning scheduled for this month as it was planned after the completion of the renovation.

Thank you for your business.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just wanted somewhere convenient and clean to lay my head for a few nights. I was visiting the city to view Amaluna as well as visit family. Trying to find a midway point between San Francisco and Vallejo was getting challenging until........I found this little gem. The new face lift made excellent improvements on the hotel. The facility was beautiful. The angels that work the desk were awesome. Please forgive me I have forgotten the name of the hostess ( her daughter was studying for a Mandarin exam) that was one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever met. Breakfast was a nice addition to my stay.

The convenience of the location is ridiculous. Freeway accessible, shopping and dining within walking distance, and a nice stroll by the marina wasn't to bad either. This is my new go to spot upon my return visits. Traveling with multiple generations can sometimes be difficult when it comes to overall experience. Not with this wonder. The peace and quiet of the hotel suited the elders (my father and his mate), while the younger traveler ( myself) enjoyed the nightlife of the nearby dining establishments.

Let's vote, all in favor of returning .......unanimous!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear divineinte, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad to hear you call our hotel "a little gem". The property has a great location and easy and off on ramps in all directions. We are finishing up the last touches on our renovation and you can't say enough about the staff.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Emeryville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room had a great view, was clean, bed comfy (air adjustable), had been recently remodeled and the entire stay was very pleasant. The staff was extremely pleasant & helpful from service to front desk. Lots of great food nearby, Peets, transportation etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Toni H, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff was very helpful. We have a lot of great team members working here and they are very concerned about your satisfaction. So if you ever need something, please stop by the front desk or call them and they will help you out any way they can.

Thank you for business.

San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel was very modern. Large room with nice amenities. Functional business center with 3 computers and a printer. Nice fitness center with a walking trail near by. A good bar with a friendly bartender. Front desk staff was accommodating with things in the area and scheduling a taxi.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Keith S, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad you are enjoying our "New" hotel. We will be 100% complete this week and our guest are loving it.

I hope to see you back in the near future.

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

great clean rooms with helpful staff. Hilton hotels is my only choice of hotel. they always are willing to help. Specially the employees at the Hilton Garden Inn. great location easy access to San Fran. older hotel but well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Prashan, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. This might be an older property, but with the new renovation we are just now finishing, it looks like a brand new hotel with the best views in town. And as you mentioned we also have a great staff willing to go out of their way to assist in any way they can.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Sal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,172 reviews
Inn at Temescal
Inn at Temescal
#9 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!