“Nice Place, Super Helpful People”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here on my first visit to Emeryville for work. Room was recently remodeled, very clean, and included a nice micro/fridge and lots of space in my king, bay-view room.

The gals at the front desk had great recommendations for a quick after-work run....and wasn't it a super surprise to find out that from the hotel, around the beach path and marina (right to the end of the pier) and back by the road was a perfect 5K?

Restaurant and room service are standard HGI...but the Baja BLT is worth hanging out in the hotel. Yum!

Love the beds here. perfect nice and firm but not a rock.

Overly Picky Cons:
Nice views...only wish was for clean windows...but it had been rainy after a long drought, I'm probably being overly picky.

I did hear folks in either the hall or next door at 4 and 5 am...that was when my sound machine app had shut down. Halls are a bit narrower than in other HGI's I've visted.

Room Tip: I'm thinking a bay view is the only way to go...I'd think the other side would be noisy from...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear MichelelnMD, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. It is always great to hear how our team members were very helpful to our guest. We do have a great team.

I do like hearing accurate and detailed critiques. It really does help us get better. We do have a window cleaning scheduled for this month as it was planned after the completion of the renovation.

Thank you for your business.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just wanted somewhere convenient and clean to lay my head for a few nights. I was visiting the city to view Amaluna as well as visit family. Trying to find a midway point between San Francisco and Vallejo was getting challenging until........I found this little gem. The new face lift made excellent improvements on the hotel. The facility was beautiful. The angels that work the desk were awesome. Please forgive me I have forgotten the name of the hostess ( her daughter was studying for a Mandarin exam) that was one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever met. Breakfast was a nice addition to my stay.

The convenience of the location is ridiculous. Freeway accessible, shopping and dining within walking distance, and a nice stroll by the marina wasn't to bad either. This is my new go to spot upon my return visits. Traveling with multiple generations can sometimes be difficult when it comes to overall experience. Not with this wonder. The peace and quiet of the hotel suited the elders (my father and his mate), while the younger traveler ( myself) enjoyed the nightlife of the nearby dining establishments.

Let's vote, all in favor of returning .......unanimous!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear divineinte, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad to hear you call our hotel "a little gem". The property has a great location and easy and off on ramps in all directions. We are finishing up the last touches on our renovation and you can't say enough about the staff.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room had a great view, was clean, bed comfy (air adjustable), had been recently remodeled and the entire stay was very pleasant. The staff was extremely pleasant & helpful from service to front desk. Lots of great food nearby, Peets, transportation etc.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Toni H, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff was very helpful. We have a lot of great team members working here and they are very concerned about your satisfaction. So if you ever need something, please stop by the front desk or call them and they will help you out any way they can.

Thank you for business.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel was very modern. Large room with nice amenities. Functional business center with 3 computers and a printer. Nice fitness center with a walking trail near by. A good bar with a friendly bartender. Front desk staff was accommodating with things in the area and scheduling a taxi.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Keith S, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad you are enjoying our "New" hotel. We will be 100% complete this week and our guest are loving it.

I hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

great clean rooms with helpful staff. Hilton hotels is my only choice of hotel. they always are willing to help. Specially the employees at the Hilton Garden Inn. great location easy access to San Fran. older hotel but well maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Prashan, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. This might be an older property, but with the new renovation we are just now finishing, it looks like a brand new hotel with the best views in town. And as you mentioned we also have a great staff willing to go out of their way to assist in any way they can.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

After having an awful day, train cancellations etc, This hotel allowed me to check in last minute and extend myself to a late checkout for a minimum fee. If I was in the area again, I would stay here again. The service was very good, especially seeing as I was upset over my day. It's very close to the train station - which means you have access to San Francisco, or if you mess up your travel plans like me, you can stay here too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway - you can hear trucks etc, but it is not too loud.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear SarahJYN, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. It is great to hear that our team members showed great care and helped you out in the time of need. We have great team members and managers here at the property. We will do everything possible to exceed your expectations and especially if you have a situation and need assistance.

We appreicate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

For those who wanna book a Queen bedroom, beware that the room size is smaller than usual...it's just nice for a single person stay or most a couple! The air-cond unit is in-door type, so expect a bit of noise compares to other properties which has centralized air-conditioning control.

I don't rely on the hotel shutter. A 10 mins walk will take you to the BayStreet where you can find shops and restaurants.. To go to downtown San Francisco (ie. union square), just hoop onto the free shutter " "Emery Go Round", and catch the BART in one of the pickup/dropoff point. The BART will cost you a USD7.00 for a return ticket to the Powell Str station in SFO. I'll stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Queen bedroom is small, so don't pick this for family stay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear yyhhcc, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do have larger rooms rooms. Our queen rooms can be a bit small for families so please ask for a double or a king room. And if available ask for a Bay View room. The views from out hotel our great.

It is good to see you used the Emeryville Go A Round as it is free and it takes you everywhere! Great benefit from the city of Emeryville.

Thank you for your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!