Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great location only concern is the cost for parking that I thought was unnecessary and excessive ($15.00 a nite). We were charged the rate when we didn't park in the lot. The lobby was warm and festive and we loved our room. We would definitely stay again but would really like to forgo the parking cost.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear A Trip Advisor Member, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in 2014. As you can imagine, parking is at a premium in the area and we keep the rate very reasonable. With our room rate combined, we are still the best value in town.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel is very clean and comfortable with easy access from the interstate. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing that I did not like is the parking fee but at $15.00 a day even that was not expensive and all hotels in this area charge for parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear A Trip Advisor Member, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate your business and thank you for your comments. Parking fees are now necessary, but we try to keep them very reasonable. With the price of the hotel, this hotel is still a great value for the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I am really big on customer service and this hotel is a not living up to the Hiltob name. We checked in and were told that there was no bell hop... Which was ok but I had a lot of luggage and super heavy as my family and I are staying a week. Anyways we load everything up ourselves and walk into the lobby to see 5 employees standing around talking about other customers reviews, uone saying "tell that customer she can review my nuts" WOW just WOW!
Onto the room... My bf requested a room near the elevators as we had a ton of heavy bags... They said the room was close by... NOPE... Our room was the last one at the end of the hall! Fine we sucked it up... So THEN we brought our Apple TV for my baby to watch movies... But NOPE they lock the back of the TVs so you can't access the hdmi and have to buy their $30 movies! I called to ask if they would make an exception and allow us to plug in the hdmi but nope! So we decide to watch TV and half of the channels aren't working!!! And this is just the first half hour!
Later in the evening we requested a roll away bed to which they brought us an air mattress and we set up ourselves due to the staff being so rude! I honestly can't believe how lazy they are! And I mean every single employee! It seemed like they all had the same customer service training! They're nice to the customers face to make them appear as if they care but they never fulfill your actual request!!!
And then there is the noise!!! I'm sorry ear plugs or not it is unbearable! My bf is an extremely tolerant easy going person and this hotel set him over the edge... We checked out and are heading to another hilton! BEWARE!!!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Kaddilee

Dear Kaddilee, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so sorry we fell short of your expectations during your visit. I would like to discuss this further with you and at your convenience please give me a call at 510-658-9300. We pride ourselves in our service and when we fall short I like to know as much as possible so I can address the situation.

Again we apologize for coming up short and I look forward to the call.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed for just one night after coming into Emeryille on the train. Comfortable room, spotlessly clean, with a beautiful view of the bay. Excellent service, especially at the desk, and a very good breakfast. Well up to Hilton standard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Quavvers, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I hope you had a great Holiday Season. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in 2014.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

First off, the hotel lobby is going through some renovations. It made getting to the whirlpool slightly difficult but that was the only inconvenience. The breakfast was good and we slept very well (without the ear plugs provided in the room). It's so easy to get from the Bay Bridge and we had an okay view of the city. Try to get higher than floor 4 and don't get a corner room (like 401). The price is very reasonable and we never had any security issues (but then again, we didn't leave valuables in our car). It's Oakland, people; just travel smart and you'll be fine.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear chelsea0518, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate your business and your right on comments. We are almost complete with our renovation and you will love the new look.

Thanks again and hope to see you in 2014.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is to a walking distance of a shopping center, restaurants, and more. They even have a shuttle to take you there, depending their hours of service. They have a Jacuzzi, but it's outdoors. The gym was really neat. The restaurant downstairs is really nice, plenty of options. Overall, both my parents and I enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Mariana M, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad to hear you had a great time.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the new year.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We're really having a terrible experience at this hotel, we're still here as I write this review and I don't feel safe at all.Part of the hotel is in construction,no one helped us with our luggages when we arrived.This morning we found out that our rental car parked in their "supposedly" secured parking lot got broken into.We lost 3 luggages and a whole bunch of shopping items we brought as gifts from Canada for friends here in SF, stuffs bought in Amazon, Winter items we shopped at the outlet malls and souvenirs we bought for our child from our Disneyland/Sea World and Universal Studios visits.The hotel claimed that they have no liability for what happened, even worse is that they have no cameras on their "supposedly" secured, "dark" parking lot. They never did anything else other than clean the car from the broken window and call the police.It was a real traumatic experience for us and it was like nothing for them (that's how I feel from how they handled the situation).

We're here for a vacation so we tried to move on after the terrible incident in the morning. Tonight when we got here, there were like 6 police cars in front of the hotel, it scared the hell of us and almost wanting to not enter the hotel. We really don't have a choice because we're checking out tomorrow anyways and we don't want to move our stuffs to another hotel, with a kid with us.

I guess that whole idea of mine about Hilton hotel has changed! The reason why I mostly book Hilton hotels is that I feel that it is safer and a nice place to stay and enjoy our vacation with family. Not anymore, it was a real terrible and traumatic experience for us!

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy your vacation, don't stay here!
3  Thank _yyc_trvlr_

Dear _ur_trvlr_, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are so sorry you experienced a car break in while staying at our hotel. We do charge for parking, but we have signs everywhere to bring in all your valuables out of the vehicle and that we are not responsible for your vehicle. This is an open lot and unfortunately during this period of the year people are looking for valuables. We also have holiday parties at the hotel and again, we never know how people are going to behave once they have a party. But the security of our guest and employees are our top priority and when anything happens we don't hesitate on calling the police for assistance and everyone involved is asked to leave the property.

Again, we sorry you have a terrible experience while staying here. We do value your business and hope we get another opportunity to earn your business.

Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!