“Bad customer service”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Receptionist are rude and not very welcoming I walked in exited to get my room and they were rude unprofessional looked like a bunch of lazy high school dropouts I got asked for a credit card that they said they were not going to charge ya I got a $125 dollar hold thanks for the heads up

• Stayed: December 2013
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Jonathan 395, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We apologize if we fell short during your visit. Not knowing all the details during your visit, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please call me at your earliest convenience at 510-658-9300.

I look forward to your call.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel has the best customer service of any hotel in the area and is one of the few Hilton Garden Inns with a full bar. Although the hotel is located on the East Bay, it is right next to the Bay Bridge, interstate access, and within walking distance to a mall and numerous restaurants. It is out of the city but close enough to enjoy its conveniences.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Seth K, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate your business and your kind words. We have great staff members that care about the guest that visit us.

Have a great Holiday Season and hope to see you back in the new year!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Since the hotel was under significant renovation, there was a lot of confusion regarding getting around, checking in, etc. This was not identified during the reservation process. Also, as a sports fan, there seems to be no sports bars in the general area. No one in the hotel really knew of any nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Trip Advisor Member, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appolgize for the inconvenience our renovation caused you. We plan to make it as painless as possible, but any renovation is a disruption to normal business. We appreciate your business and hope you come back to enjoy our beautiful new hotel. We are moving quickly and the public space will be completed in December while the rooms will be finished in Janaury.

Have a happy Holiday Season and a Wonderful New Year.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The staff is wonderful. I am almost living here as I am on assignment for at least 6 months. They are friendly and will help me with anything I need night or day.

The hotel is clean, safe, and near everything. They have a gym on site but there are gyms very close with trainers if you desire. Great shopping close by and restaurants with water views.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear 731Mary, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are glad that your experience here has been excellent. We appreciate you letting us know. With you being here for such a long period, I would like to meet you and ensure you have my contact information incase I can be of service.

We appreciate your business and I look forward on meeting you.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Seams to be a party hotel. Last couple of experiences guests were loud and even fighting in the room next to ours. Reported the incidents, but to no avail. For the most part, these were only two incidents over the last year in 16 other stays. I have not had this problem in other hotels in the Hilton brand, so this just might be an isolated property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Anthony P, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We apologize for the noise you experienced. We are absolutely not a party hotel. We have a very strict policy against parties in the rooms. We give guest one warning and the next call we evict the guest in the room. If you ever experience this again, please call and ask to speak with a manager or supervisor. I will review this with my staff to ensure they enforce this at all times.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our group stayed here for a convention, and the staff took great care of our group. Although it is just the reality of the hotel category, I thought the hotel design was very cumbersome, as it is not possible to use the stairs to get to the first floor (the stairs lead directly outside, away from the lobby) and the elevator is frustratingly slow. I did read that management will be installing new elevators soon, which will hopefully help. Most wallpaper, curtains and furnishings in public areas seem old. When I checked in, I had to ask the desk for another room as they first put me by the elevators, and I am a light sleeper. They then put me on the second floor next to a busy highway with traffic. I called down to change rooms again, they said they were busy and would call later, but they never called back, so I took my stuff down and they gave me a room behind a huge HVAC unit with no view. I suppose the hotel was full, but I felt as though I had been stuffed in an undesirable room each time because of the rate I had paid. That said, our main meeting room did have a great view of the bay, the workout equipment was very nice and there was a pleasant pathway next to the bay where I could jog and watch the sun set. Overall, the hotel seemed fine for the price, but there were some noticeable disadvantages that might make me pay a little more and book elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Would advise paying extra for a high floor and view of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear stp0707, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We have great news! The renovation has started and it will address everything you mentioned, new elevators and new and exciting improvements all over the hotel.

We are a very busy hotel, so book your room early and it is worth the upgrade to a bay view rooms.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stay here about once a month for work. It is my preferred hotel in this location due to the King-size beds having the comfort-select feature where you can make it as soft or hard as needed. The hotel is clean, safe and has good workout facilities. It is close to a shopping mall and restaurants with easy freeway access.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Christopher G, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate you making us your hotel of choice. We appreciate your business and look forward on you coming back. We are currently in renovation till January, so we will be that much better on your next visit.

Thank you again.

Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Oakland Marriott City Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!