“Will not be back”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the first time back in September and it didn't start out well. The first room I was given had crumbs all over the floor and the window had sticky hand prints all over it. I called down to the front desk and was offered to move next door, which I did. Not a big deal, but it was a bit disconcerting that a room was offered to a guest in that condition. They were unable to find a package my work had sent and for which I had a signed delivery confirmation. I was told by two different employees at the front desk that it wasn't there. Finally, the third gentleman I spoke with was able to locate it, however this whole thing took over 30 minutes. I decided to give it one more try. The room was fine (although there was a hair on the bathroom counter when I walked on). However, the hotel was quite a scene over the weekend with two big conferences and a wedding scheduled. I waited for over ten minutes in line to get checked in and every time I needed to take the elevator it was a minimum of a three minute wait. One time another gentleman who was waiting timed it and it took 5 minutes for the elevator. I've never experienced anything like it. Then, I realized that once again the front desk had failed to give me another package when I checked in. At literally every single other hotel I've stayed at, they have my reservation flagged so when I check in they see there is a package and ask me if I'd like it now or brought up to my room. The front desk staff was hit or miss. Some were very friendly and helpful while several looked positively bored to be at work and had very little sense of urgency despite near constant long lines. I highly suggest they bring on extra staff during the weekend when they have so many conferences/events going on. There were only two people at the front desk Friday night and this wasn't nearly enough.

Room Tip: On the weekends you may want to choose a lower floor so you don't end up waiting 5 minutes each...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Sfamor, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are so sorry you had problems finding a package that was sent for you at the hotel. I will review our procedures and ensure we improve in this area. I would like to make things right with you, so at your convenience, please give me a call at 1-510-658-9300 Ext 2005 so we can discuss your experience in detail. We appreciate your business and I would like another opportunity to earn your loyality.

I look forward to your call.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Pleasant helpful staff, room service prompt food good, rooms quiet, even being by the elevator and room window to the freeway. Pleasant walk right across the street along the bay down to the marina! Beautiful view of the bay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Rebecca S, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your business. Hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

clean, friendly, well kept hotel with good service. close to the freeway so rush hour traffic sounds start early. my room faced the hiway so no beautiful views of the bay. parking lot was helpful but should be free for paying guests. good location near the bay bridge and route 80 and berkeley. free earplugs were provided which allows fairly quiet sleeping.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear choski76, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon. Our Bay View rooms go fast so make your reservations early.

Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

For a nights lodging just to make a Amtrak train connection this hotel is in a good location but the cost of the rooms are about 30 percent higher than expected for a family or any non business tempory stay. Food was expenseve and was not very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear William L, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am sorry you felt we were expensive. Prices fluctuate by the season and demand. We are very competitive with our neighbors and offer a great value. And if you compare us to the city prices, we are a fraction of what they charge.

I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your loyality. We have special rates during slow times and maybe you can give us another shot.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff in this hotel were very friendly and helpful. The complementary food and drinks in the evening were very welcome. We had no problems with the car park. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was nice and lots to choose from
my only complaint would be the location
it takes about 45min to get to san fransico by bus and bart system

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kev078690, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I am so glad you had a great stay with us. We are the closest hotel to downtown SF, but unfortunately you do have to fight the bridge traffic to get into the city. Depending on when you go, it could be a challenange. Off hours it only takes 10-15 minutes.

But as I always say, it is worth the wait to save a bundle.

Thank you and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We requested a room on an upper room to view the ocean and the Bay bridge. The hotel staff was truly amazing in every way. My wife love the workout facility, and the lounge area to relax and read her book. Hotel location was GREAT aswell, walking distance to eating and shopping area's and also movie theatre. What an AWESOMe time we had, in the Bay Area!!! Our next trip back we'll definitely be stay here again...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pamela H, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are happy to hear your stay with us was as great as you expected it to be. The views are fantastic and so is the location.

Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We requested a room on an upper floor with a Bay View. The staff was extremely accommodating and very warm and professional. We stayed there for 4 nights. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and nice. Even though we were on an upper floor, we could hear some of the noises from the street/bay, but it was not disturbing. They did have earplugs available if needed. It is located on a peninsula near the freeway, Berkeley Marina, an upscale shopping area with movie theater, Trader Joe's, and Trader Vic's. Emeryville is a lovely area between Oakland and Berkeley. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area. Parking is an extra $15/day.

Room Tip: Definitely request an upper floor if available. If you don't face the Bay, you'll probably...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear EL52, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are so glad you stayed with us while visiting your daughter at Cal. We are big sponsers of Cal and we get many visitors for Cal. Our location is great and we do have a great staff.

We appreciate your business and kind words. Hope to see you back real soon.

Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!