I stayed in this hotel for the first time back in September and it didn't start out well. The first room I was given had crumbs all over the floor and the window had sticky hand prints all over it. I called down to the front desk and was offered to move next door, which I did. Not a big deal, but it was a bit disconcerting that a room was offered to a guest in that condition. They were unable to find a package my work had sent and for which I had a signed delivery confirmation. I was told by two different employees at the front desk that it wasn't there. Finally, the third gentleman I spoke with was able to locate it, however this whole thing took over 30 minutes. I decided to give it one more try. The room was fine (although there was a hair on the bathroom counter when I walked on). However, the hotel was quite a scene over the weekend with two big conferences and a wedding scheduled. I waited for over ten minutes in line to get checked in and every time I needed to take the elevator it was a minimum of a three minute wait. One time another gentleman who was waiting timed it and it took 5 minutes for the elevator. I've never experienced anything like it. Then, I realized that once again the front desk had failed to give me another package when I checked in. At literally every single other hotel I've stayed at, they have my reservation flagged so when I check in they see there is a package and ask me if I'd like it now or brought up to my room. The front desk staff was hit or miss. Some were very friendly and helpful while several looked positively bored to be at work and had very little sense of urgency despite near constant long lines. I highly suggest they bring on extra staff during the weekend when they have so many conferences/events going on. There were only two people at the front desk Friday night and this wasn't nearly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge is nestled on the waterfront at the foot of the historic San Francisco Bay Bridge in Emeryville, CA and boasts panoramic views of the Berkeley Hills and the San Francisco Bay. The hotel is conveniently located minutes from Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland and offers complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge Hotel Emeryville
- Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville
- Emeryville Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Emeryville