Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
$70
$149
$145
1,367 results
All reviewsfront desksan franciscobay bridgegas stationhilton gardenmountain vieweasy accesshotel shuttleparking feehotel restaurantconvenient locationbusiness centershort driveemery go roundking bedfree shuttlelight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

First the positives. Spacious and clean room, excellent services, attentive, friendly staff. However, my room was on the second floor and when I looked out the window there was a parking lot, a secondary road, and just beyond that a busy expressway. I didn't sleep much the first night so I purchased a fan for "white noise" and it helped, but I never slept well for the next three nights. I noticed a package of foam ear plugs on the night stand, so clearly the hotel knew that this was a noisy room and THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE CLEAR at the time that I booked the room so I could have requested a different location!!! I had the breakfast buffet the first morning and if you like cold, rubbery scrambled eggs greasy bacon, and cold coffee then you would enjoy it. I did not. Needless to say, I did not use the hotel restaurant again. I would not stay there again, and would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask in advance if there is a freeway ouside of your window!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve L
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear SteveL, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I apologize if we felt short in our service in the restauant. During the later part of the day, sometimes the quality starts to deteriorate and we are working deligently to improve this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am happy to hear that the rest of your stay was pleasant. We do provide hearing plugs for light sleepers. The preferred side is the bay view side, but it sells out early, so make your reservation early.

I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business. Please look me up next time you are on property and we can further discuss this and I can make it right for you.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is on the other side of San Francisco and has a nice view of the the bay. Service is good and it is pleasant to stay. The rooms on the bay are the best for view and quietness. It is a good place to stay in Emeryville and people will help you with very sort of support.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Cristiano B

Dear CristianoB, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate your business and you are so right, the bay view side is the best. But it sells out quickly.
The east side is great as well, you will see the Berekely Mountains.

Thank you and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very clean and spacious rooms. The King size bed is air adjustable, but one night is not long enough to figure it out. It easy to get to, just down from the Oak-SF bridge, yet away from the congestion which I appreciated. We were there for medical procedure in SF and found this to a reasonable alternative to staying in the city. (HATE THE TRAFFIC IN SF! Too many rude little turds) The Surgery Center forgot an important part of a treatment modality we were to use post operative and it took me two excruciating hours to retrieve it. So ready for a quite evening when I got back. They have a large restaurant but we didn't try it. While taking a walk to a nearby shopping area we found a Black Bear restaurant for a fantastic lunch and the next evening, Chevy's Fresh Mex around the corner and on the bay.
We didn't have any issues other than a non functioning hair dryer which was quickly replaced. Our interaction with staff was always pleasant and professional. We would stay there again under the same circumstances. Be aware that parking is $15 a day and Bridge tolls are $6.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear RickCrescentCity, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We hope that your medical procedure went well. We appreciate you staying with us and going on line to post your experience. We are a great alternative to the city being right over the Bay Bridge.

Hope to see you back real soon, but this time just for vacation and relaxing.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I must start by saying the hotel staff both at the front desk and bar were excellent. I got checked in with no fuss and looked after when tired and hungry.
Here's the but.. the wifi failed which meant I couldn't talk to my family as I don't have US data on my mobile plan. I know this wasn't their fault, but I was then woken up at 3am by a noisy fridge and thought I'd try the wifi again and it was so bad I had to give up. It was fine in the lobby so all I can think is maybe its the room I was in?
My room overlooked the gas station and was very noisy (they had ear plugs by the bed!!). So I'd recommend getting a room that faces the opposite way.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite facing room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Duncan K, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do have great team members here at the property and they are the real reason that makes us special. I am sorry our internet was giving you issues. We just up graded, but even high tech, gives us issues periodically. We did change your refrigerator after we recieved your comment card.

Please look me up on your next stay and let me makes things right. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight prior to joining our AMTRAK train early the next day. Comfortable and clean room, good WiFi. Good follow-up by the front desk staff. Restaurant on-premises is a good feature since we didn't want to wander out.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bay side - front side rooms face the freeway but they do provide ear plugs!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear GeneF, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are extremely convenient for our guest that travel by AMTRAK as we are only a couple blocks away. For any one taking the Bart, we do have a hotel shuttle with limited hours, but Emeryville offers a free shuttle as well.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back real soon.