Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very clean and spacious rooms. The King size bed is air adjustable, but one night is not long enough to figure it out. It easy to get to, just down from the Oak-SF bridge, yet away from the congestion which I appreciated. We were there for medical procedure in SF and found this to a reasonable alternative to staying in the city. (HATE THE TRAFFIC IN SF! Too many rude little turds) The Surgery Center forgot an important part of a treatment modality we were to use post operative and it took me two excruciating hours to retrieve it. So ready for a quite evening when I got back. They have a large restaurant but we didn't try it. While taking a walk to a nearby shopping area we found a Black Bear restaurant for a fantastic lunch and the next evening, Chevy's Fresh Mex around the corner and on the bay.
We didn't have any issues other than a non functioning hair dryer which was quickly replaced. Our interaction with staff was always pleasant and professional. We would stay there again under the same circumstances. Be aware that parking is $15 a day and Bridge tolls are $6.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear RickCrescentCity, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We hope that your medical procedure went well. We appreciate you staying with us and going on line to post your experience. We are a great alternative to the city being right over the Bay Bridge.

Hope to see you back real soon, but this time just for vacation and relaxing.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I must start by saying the hotel staff both at the front desk and bar were excellent. I got checked in with no fuss and looked after when tired and hungry.
Here's the but.. the wifi failed which meant I couldn't talk to my family as I don't have US data on my mobile plan. I know this wasn't their fault, but I was then woken up at 3am by a noisy fridge and thought I'd try the wifi again and it was so bad I had to give up. It was fine in the lobby so all I can think is maybe its the room I was in?
My room overlooked the gas station and was very noisy (they had ear plugs by the bed!!). So I'd recommend getting a room that faces the opposite way.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite facing room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Duncan K, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do have great team members here at the property and they are the real reason that makes us special. I am sorry our internet was giving you issues. We just up graded, but even high tech, gives us issues periodically. We did change your refrigerator after we recieved your comment card.

Please look me up on your next stay and let me makes things right. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight prior to joining our AMTRAK train early the next day. Comfortable and clean room, good WiFi. Good follow-up by the front desk staff. Restaurant on-premises is a good feature since we didn't want to wander out.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bay side - front side rooms face the freeway but they do provide ear plugs!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear GeneF, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are extremely convenient for our guest that travel by AMTRAK as we are only a couple blocks away. For any one taking the Bart, we do have a hotel shuttle with limited hours, but Emeryville offers a free shuttle as well.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice rooms with great views; really good dinner and great choices for breakfast; only complaint was that no one checked and there was no paper to print boarding pass in business center at 7am in morning very disappointing

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear JohnP, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do apologize for over looking the paper in the business center. We have adjusted our procedures in house, and have a back up plan to ensure we don't miss stocking up the business center again. We also can help with boarding passes at the front desk for your convenience.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hilton G.I.'s have been fairly consistent for me, so I went with it. Wish I'd gone elsewhere. This was an average stay, at best. In particular, service was lacking. On check-in, I stood there for 5 minutes before one of the 3 attendants bothered to look up and say "can I help you" (to his credit, the one with the "trainee" nametag looked at me several times, but since his manager was ignoring me, so did he!). Then, in the middle of checking me in, the front desk manager actually took time out to start answering some questions about trivial stuff from another staff member! And they were awful about answering the phone and directing calls (both from within and from outside the hotel). They have all kinds of notes in the room about how they're striving for a "9" or "10" rating on everything... but they're far from it. Finally, trying to get out of the parking lot after checking out was, well "trying"... my parking lot exit card had been deactivated and nobody answered the intercom. Spending 5-10 minutes trying to exit their lot wasn't in my plans. FYI, I noticed that the following hotels are nearby (might be worth checking them out): Hyatt House, Sheraton Four Points, Courtyard by Marriott, and Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear FlyGuy47, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We apologize for falling short to your expectations. I will take your comments and do additional training at the front desk. I would like to discuss this further with you and make things right. Please give me a call directly.

We hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business and make you a loyal guest.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Caveat that my trip here did not include anything on the west side of the bridge.

This hotel is very clean, staffed well, and very well located for any trip that includes the east bay area and north. Parking was gratis which is uncommon in SF area. Room was large with updated decor and furniture. Bathroom was very clean and obviously scrubbed well (tile, grout, carpet, etc.). Dinner was good, salad was excellent but burger was average. Beer was ice cold. Breakfast was a good choice of buffet items and priced reasonably well for business hotel.

My only complaint is that the mattress was hard and old, pillows were uncomfortably hard, and the room lighting was poor.

Room Tip: try to stay on the bay side, wonderful views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear frisco_heat, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We do have a great team and they work hard at maintaining a clean comfortable hotel. If you stayed in a king bed, the beds are adjustable, but a double bed does not. We also have other choice of pillows available, so next time call the front desk and we would be happy to take a couple up to your room.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stay here quite often as we go to the horse races at Golden Gate Fields and stay the night as traffic is really bad once the races is over. We get a good night's rest and head home early morning with no traffic. There is easy access from the hotel to the race track.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear HGI Guest, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I hope you did well at the horse races. We appreciate your business and hope to meet you next time you are here at the property.

Please stop by and say hello.

Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Oakland Marriott City Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!