“Only one flaw and it was probably temporary”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I use the Amtrak station in Emeryville when visiting relatives in Berkeley. I do not have a car so the fact that the Hotel has a shuttle to and from the train is a real plus for me. The hotel itself is fine, room is fine, breakfast is good. Staff were helpful. When I returned from visiting an ill relative I must have looked upset because the front desk staff were extremely warm. They offered to comp me a breakfast and asked if there was anything they could do. So what was the one flaw? The shuttle was not available the morning I left which I understand...they probably should have paid for the cab!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear MWH31, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Our team members are trained to deliver high levels of customer service. It was good to hear, that a team member saw you were not as they seen you before and wanted to reach out to make you happy. I hope it worked.

As far as transportation, we have limited service with our shuttle van, but there is also the Emeryville Go Around, which is a free shuttle provided by the city of Emeryville. We can also get you a cab at your request. Although we do provide transportation service in a 3 mile radius, we don't guarentee that it is available at all times. So sorry, this is an expense that you will have to consume.

Thank you for your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is nice enough, but two gentlemen displayed the worst customer service I've seen in a long time, both during our check-in and a week after the trip. We were there with a large group and were told by one of the hotel clerks that we had cancelled one of our four rooms. We knew we didn't, but he insisted repeatedly that it was our fault. Luckily, after 45 minutes, another hotel employee found the error (it was the clerk we had been speaking to who incorrectly cancelled the room). The error was not the problem, it was the attitude of the clerk - very rude and accusatory. The same type of customer service was displayed about a week later when one of the people in our group was called by another gentleman from the hotel and told that she hadn't paid for her room and was told several times that she "screwed up". That, again, was not the case - the hotel misplaced her paperwork and was going to bill the incorrect party. Very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank clinst

Dear Clinst, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I also appreciate you calling me to give me details about your visit. We take these issues very seriously and we have taken steps to resolve these types of issues. I personally dealt with the team members involved. Again, I apologize for the treatment you received from two of my team members. If you ever come back to the area, please stop by to see me so we can make things right.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I used up some of the free points with Hilton on this stay on 3/8/13. It was a welcome quiet room as I requested. The room was clean and comfortable. I went to breakfast and only wanted an orange/croissant/coffee and they were very accomodating, especially the man who showed me to my table early on 3/9/13. Parking is $15/night to be aware of, which is less expensive than SF Hilton at $53/night. It's a very convenient drive over the Bay Bridge to San Francisco if you need to be in SF early in the morning. I'd stay here again. The room was smaller than other Hilton Garden Inns where I've stayed, but it didn't bother me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mary R, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We always appreciate accurate details about our guest stay. As I mentioned with another guest, our parking rates are nothing compared to the city. Make sure you use all our amenities and enjoy our cookies in the lobby.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great option for the bay area, especially if you have a car. The rooms are clean and well-sized, it has a fitness room and small jacuzzi outside. The views are nice and even though you have to pay for parking, which is annoying, when you add that to the price of the room you still come out with a good deal. It's 10 minutes from Central Oakland and very accessible to the bay bridge-so easy drive to SF.

Room Tip: Bay side is nicer but if you want to save the extra dollars, you'll still have a nice view on th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Aliswonder, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We really do appreciate the comment about the parking. It is minimul and only helps to pay for the up keep, security and it also keeps others out of our lots. Not to mention that the prices of parking across the bridge is 3 and 4 times more than we charge. We are the best value around!

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The service was perfect. The stay was magical. Breakfast was great. Internet Strong. Room perfectly designed and spacious. Coffee, etc in the room were convenient and the fridge. Workout facilities was top-notch. Convenient to everything.

Room Tip: The rooms are very, very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Steve M Littleton, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We have never been discribed as magical, but we sincerely appreciate it. We do have a great team that cares about your stay and comfort. We hope you come back and see us soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Hotel is strategically located near major transportation corridors serving the greater Bay Area. The front desk and restaurant service staff were superb. They were attentive, helpful, and very accommodating. The rooms were well-appointed and furnished. If you reserve a room there, be sure to request a Bay side room. The rooms facing the freeway are subject to traffic noise that will bother light sleepers. The hotel did provide multicolored Lase Light foam earplugs to counter the noise.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the bay. The view is quite spectacular in the evening, especially with th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dr Spartan 58, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. You said it all, great location, great amenities with a great staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here one night while attending a conference. I was impressed by the size of the room, the cleanliness and how well maintained the hotel is. The bathroom had a nice granite counter, granite shower, and a curved shower curtain bar to keep the wet shower curtain from rubbing against you. The king sized bed was surprisingly comfortable and i slept well the first night, which hardly ever happens. The lobby is open with lots of comfortable furniture. They also had free cookies at the front desk. The conference room on the top floor has a spectacular view from all windows. My room on the fourth floor had a partial view of an adjacent building and a partial view of the bay. The view from the high floors are spectacular. All in all, this is a good choice and this could be a less expensive alternative to a San Francisco hotel.

Room Tip: I'd advise paying a little more for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Dr Dadrwp, thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate you describing your room and your stay. Don't forget the great location as well with just as great amenities such as free internet service.

We appreciate your business and your comments.

Hope to see you back real soon.

Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!