I recently was a guest at this Hilton Garden Inn and was so impressed. We chose this particular hotel as it was a short drive from our son's house. We booked through Expedia and got a great rate for 5 nights.
The location is great. Right off highway 80 I believe it was. You could eat in the hotel restaurant or walk to nearby restaurants. The hotel gave you the choice of a cold breakfast or full buffet with omeletes and eggs made to order. You can eat cheaper at the nearby Denny's restaurant, but not as convenient. You can also walk or drive to Chevy's restaurant or the Chinese seafood restaurant in the marina park behind the hotel for lunch and dinner.
The room was very comfortable with granite used in the bathroom in tub surround and sink counter top. The hair dryer was just like the one I use at home and was not the usual stuck on the wall in a holder kind. The beds were very comfortable and had duvet and lots of pillows. Nice desk and office chair and an easy chair with lamp for reading. The room was very clean and spacious, as were the common areas. There is a mini fridge in the room and a coffee maker and microwave. There is a little store next to the front desk where you can buy toiletries and microwave meals and breakfast and snack foods.
The staff were very courteous and helpful. They run a free shuttle to the Bart station where you can get a train to the airport or other points of interest. There is also a free Emeryville shopping shuttle that you can use. I don't know if it stops at the hotel or not, but it does stop very near the hotel for sure. I enjoyed a nice morning walk to the Marina Park behind the hotel. It goes along the bay and you pass restaurants and shopping also.
Our room faced the freeway, but we had no noise. I noticed another reviewer did hear freeway noise. We were on the 4th floor and during the day I would sit right by the window and I never noticed any noise that was disturbing at all.
I didn't see that the hotel offered any kids activities so I rated that as average.
We didn't use a lot of the hotel amenities as our focus was on visiting family, but the hotel has the usual. My husband loved the free cookies they had at the front desk some of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge is nestled on the waterfront at the foot of the historic San Francisco Bay Bridge in Emeryville, CA and boasts panoramic views of the Berkeley Hills and the San Francisco Bay. The hotel is conveniently located minutes from Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland and offers complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge Hotel Emeryville
- Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville
- Emeryville Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Emeryville