The Hilton Garden Inn TURNED OVER THE REIGNS to a Private Security firm that HARASSED PAYING GUESTS, including myself, a Gold - soon to be Diamond - HiltonHonors member during the week leading up to and into Christmas week 2012 The security firm turned what should have been and enjoyable holiday work week and visit into an UNCOMFORTABLE STAY.
PAYING HOTEL PATRONS were CONSTANTLY BEING WATCHED and TREATED LIKE CRIMINALS just for walking through the lobby by this outside private security company. I regularly saw the outside security team walk into the breakfast area and grab danishes and food with bare hands without paying. The security team seemed to act like they owned the place treating guests as criminals every time they walked through the lobby WITHOUT ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM REGULAR HILTON HOTEL STAFF. I have stayed here for the last 4 months almost every week and have never been treated so bad.
Hotel staff was allowing this security firm to run wild over the property providing no information or reassurance to the paying regular patrons. The most egregious mistake made by hotel staff and something I think will make me -- after 4 months of staying here and becoming a Diamond member mainly at this hotel -- never stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Emeryville, again, is that the the security firm approached me during breakfast on Christmas Eve morning in the busy restaurant. They harassed and accused me of activity of me using my phone that they did not like. There were two women who identified them as managers at the Hilton Garden Inn, and a gentleman insinuating he was Hilton Security and basically ruined mood for the rest of the holiday eve. Fortunately for me, I had been staying there for the last 4 months, and I knew that the women were not Hilton managers, which I confirmed the next day with the front desk.
The women were IMPERSONATING HILTON GARDEN INN STAFF MANAGERS, and that the security was an outside company. A quick search of the internet a few days earlier confirmed to me the reason for the security and all the additional people being escorted into the hotel - I had the reason that they were in the building, so I was not alarmed. However, I was embarrassed by the way I was treated in the middle of the restaurant and how the Hilton Garden Inn staff and MANAGEMENT SEEMED TO ALLOW THIS FIRM TO DO WHATEVER THE PLEASED at the EXPENSE OF THEIR REGULAR LONGTIME BUSINESS PATRONS.
After this incident in the restaurant, I myself WORRIED ABOUT MY PERSONAL PRIVACY and WORRIED ABOUT MY WORK RELATED PRIVACY IN MY OWN ROOM, wondering what other acts the Hilton Garden Inn staff would allow this private firm to do to paying customers.
At this point I am going back to my company’s legal department to see what can be done about this embarrassment and unsafe environment at the Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville, and I think there is about a 90% chance I will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge is nestled on the waterfront at the foot of the historic San Francisco Bay Bridge in Emeryville, CA and boasts panoramic views of the Berkeley Hills and the San Francisco Bay. The hotel is conveniently located minutes from Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland and offers complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge Hotel Emeryville
- Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville
- Emeryville Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Emeryville