This Hilton is on Powell Street, adjacent to the freeway and close to the newly developed Emeryville shopping centers. AAA rates made it that much more attractive than the other options in the area.
The room is your standard hotel room, a bit narrow but deep. There is a small refrigerator outside that also contains a tray with the coffee maker, a welcome departure from the bathroom coffee maker set up (which is gnarly IMO). Sundries and snack items can be purchased downstairs or walk across the street to Trader Joes if you want to have water or snacks for your stay. The bed was a king, comfortable, with an assortment of different pillows, though the requisite divots in the mattress where people have slept are there. Hotels really should flip the mattresses to prevent this. No stains, clean bathroom (which used fluorescent fixtures so the light was on the harsh side, and no light in the shower either), Neutrogena and Bath & Bodyworks toiletries, and a Philips flat screen TV (32" I think) were present. The channel selection is on the thin side but the complimentary wired and wireless internet covered that gap. Finally, a chain that understands that people don't want to pay and extra $12- $25/day for internet! Thank you Hilton!
The location is convenient to SF if you are driving, though if you are relying on BART the nearest station is about 1 mile away. There is a Trader Vics restaurant down the street from the hotel and a waterfront Chinese restaurant at the end of Powell in the marina area, quite nice. And of course you have the typical offerings in the Emeryville center such as PF Changs and chain store shopping.
Overall the hotel is a nice bargain - 2 nights here will be equal or less than 1 night in SF, and if you are in the East Bay it can't be beat. Hotel staff was nice & parking (there is a charge for self parking, $10/day I believe) is available. This Garden Inn is a nice bargain and alternative to the pricey hotels of SF and in a much nicer neighborhood that the neighboring Oakland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge is nestled on the waterfront at the foot of the historic San Francisco Bay Bridge in Emeryville, CA and boasts panoramic views of the Berkeley Hills and the San Francisco Bay. The hotel is conveniently located minutes from Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland and offers complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge Hotel Emeryville
- Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville
- Emeryville Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Emeryville