“Pleasantly surprised.”

Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked this hotel through a secondary discount site that doesn't tell you the hotel until you've booked and was immediately horrified to read some of the poor reviews.

Boy was I thrilled to find a pearl. The hotel was in a perfect location for a conference I was attending and centrally located to reach Berkeley, the SF Fisherman's wharves and the Oakland Coliseum complex withing minutes which I did over the course of my stay.

The rooms were comfortable, and quiet. I could have easily been convinced I was alone on the floor. The restauruant is good, but nothing special but it's typical of chain hotel fair.

The pool and whirlpool were a welcome treat at the end of a long day and though it's adjacent to the hotel close to the street, they've planted foliage to reduce noise and provide privacy.

All of the staff, from the front desk to the restaurant and bartender were friendly and professional. I'll be coming back that's for sure.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed there during the Oracle Conference (OOW'13). You can reach San Francisco downtown in less than 30' during rush hour (taxi only, no easy BART access) for approx $30. Getting you a taxi back to Emeryville constitutes a significant challenge. Better tell the driver you go to Oakland instead and notify him of the change of destination once on the bridge ;-)
Room was convenient while weird having the sink in the room instead of in the bathroom. Furthermore, the room was clean, but the corridor could enjoy some real carpet shampoo. Looked and smelled dirt :-(
I experienced room and laundry services, both fine. Personnel was welcoming every time also.
I did not try the swimming pool, a tiny one anyway.
Better have a car if using this hotel and reluctant to pay for a cab any time you need a move.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel may be a good option depending on your purposes. We stayed here two nights during a weekend because we were attending a football game at Cal. The hotel is only a few miles away from the Berkeley Campus and we just needed a decent place to crash, and there were a ton of our fellow visiting team fans staying there. Thus, for us, it was a good option. Served our purposes well. Rooms were very, very small but serviceable. Carpet and furniture in the room was a bit worn and dated but were very clean. Bed seemed fairly new and was very comfortable and had plenty of comfortable pillows. Likewise the bathroom is microscopic and the shower leaves more than a little to be desired. The sink/vanity is nice, but it is physically impossible for more than one person to use the area at a time. The rooms are so tight that its pretty much only good for two people at the most, any more, especially a group of adults and its just going to be way, way to cramped. Having to fit two adults, even smaller size, in a double bed will not be very comfortable. The hallways were a bit cramped as well and generally needed a refreshing. The lobby was a good place to gather and the bar there, albeit small was certainly functional enough to be enjoyed. Only bad part was it closed a bit early. The front desk staff was very polite and welcoming and were very accommodating. Housekeeping staff was just as good. Considering we got a rate of $54 on hotwire, and just needed a place to crash while attending a football game and partying for the weekend. It worked great for us, and I would definitely stay there again for similar purposes

In my opinion, I am not sure this hotel would be a good option if you were traveling with a family (although the pool was pretty decent, though small, for business, or to stay very many nights. The rooms are too small to accommodate a family comfortably and the rooms do not really have adequate desk space to work productively.

Certainly don't overpay for the this place, and if you have simple needs it will be a fine choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EllioTPT
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The thing to know about this hotel is that the rooms are not nice. The first room I was assigned smelled like a gym locker room, and when I complained at the front they were gracious enough to switch me to another room that was at least tolerable (but still had an odd odor). The staff were friendly and helpful, but that cannot make up for a room I would not want to stay in.

I travel a lot for work and have gotten used to what I consider a fairly standard hotel for business travel. This hotel is easy to access right from the highway and is near the San Francisco Bay Bridge (I-80 bridge). It is also close to my office. Beyond that all I can say is that it has the standard expectations for a Sheraton, which I have quickly realized are not up to par with most other equivalent-level hotels I stay at for business. I have not stayed in other local hotels, but from my window almost every other chain is represented and I doubt that any could be worse value.

More on the rooms:
They are small and poorly lit. If you are okay getting back to your hotel room and just going to sleep you will be okay, but the only lights available are the desk lamp and the two bedside lamps which do not collectively illuminate the room. The room barely had space for the bed and the closet was almost non-existent. The television did not really work either.

I also found the photos of the hotel on their website were deceiving. The pool looked much bigger (and did not show that it was in the parking lot) and the gym look much bigger and fully outfitted. I found neither was really useable.

I would recommend that this can work if it is your only option and you only want to sleep there, but otherwise I would recommend looking for something else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We are happy to report that we will be updating our guest rooms later this year, as well as renovating all the public areas of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you’ll give us another try for your future business trips and find that our updates meet your needs.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We opted to stay at this hotel since prices un the city were too high. Room was comfortable and clean. Transportation to the city very easy. Hotel is very near to a mall with outdoor shopping. The Wednesday evening happy hour was a plus. Only drawback was slow service at check in and check out. Would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Klgarr
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days, the room was tight but clean. Good car parking space. Buffet breakfast was a ok. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I'd describe it as a good basic hotel. Second floor had a funny smell.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank maria clara a
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear our hotel met your expectations. Take care!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed one night in a bay view room and it was about as bad as it gets is all i can say. I am even Platinum with Starwood and paid for a bay view room. The room was TINY, you could hear every bit of noise coming from the hallway, and the bathroom ewwwwww (I still shutter thinking about the bathroom). Oh and the Air conditioning unit is one of those window style ones and is LOUD. usI would really stay away unless you have absolutely no other options. It is obvious the only people stuck here are those who are unable to get a room anywhere else or booked last minute.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we will look into the bathroom noise you are referring to. We will be renovating at the end of the year, so we hope you will give us another shot in the future. Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge? Share your experiences!