“Good location, not the greatest hotel. Other, better values nearby.”

Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good location, not the greatest hotel. Other, better values nearby.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The thing to know about this hotel is that the rooms are not nice. The first room I was assigned smelled like a gym locker room, and when I complained at the front they were gracious enough to switch me to another room that was at least tolerable (but still had an odd odor). The staff were friendly and helpful, but that cannot make up for a room I would not want to stay in.

I travel a lot for work and have gotten used to what I consider a fairly standard hotel for business travel. This hotel is easy to access right from the highway and is near the San Francisco Bay Bridge (I-80 bridge). It is also close to my office. Beyond that all I can say is that it has the standard expectations for a Sheraton, which I have quickly realized are not up to par with most other equivalent-level hotels I stay at for business. I have not stayed in other local hotels, but from my window almost every other chain is represented and I doubt that any could be worse value.

More on the rooms:
They are small and poorly lit. If you are okay getting back to your hotel room and just going to sleep you will be okay, but the only lights available are the desk lamp and the two bedside lamps which do not collectively illuminate the room. The room barely had space for the bed and the closet was almost non-existent. The television did not really work either.

I also found the photos of the hotel on their website were deceiving. The pool looked much bigger (and did not show that it was in the parking lot) and the gym look much bigger and fully outfitted. I found neither was really useable.

I would recommend that this can work if it is your only option and you only want to sleep there, but otherwise I would recommend looking for something else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are happy to report that we will be updating our guest rooms later this year, as well as renovating all the public areas of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you’ll give us another try for your future business trips and find that our updates meet your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We opted to stay at this hotel since prices un the city were too high. Room was comfortable and clean. Transportation to the city very easy. Hotel is very near to a mall with outdoor shopping. The Wednesday evening happy hour was a plus. Only drawback was slow service at check in and check out. Would stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Klgarr
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days, the room was tight but clean. Good car parking space. Buffet breakfast was a ok. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I'd describe it as a good basic hotel. Second floor had a funny smell.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank maria clara a
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear our hotel met your expectations. Take care!
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed one night in a bay view room and it was about as bad as it gets is all i can say. I am even Platinum with Starwood and paid for a bay view room. The room was TINY, you could hear every bit of noise coming from the hallway, and the bathroom ewwwwww (I still shutter thinking about the bathroom). Oh and the Air conditioning unit is one of those window style ones and is LOUD. usI would really stay away unless you have absolutely no other options. It is obvious the only people stuck here are those who are unable to get a room anywhere else or booked last minute.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we will look into the bathroom noise you are referring to. We will be renovating at the end of the year, so we hope you will give us another shot in the future. Take care.

Travelers are raving about these Emeryville hotels

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here with my husband while he attended a conference at the hotel at the end of June. It was a very average hotel, and not in the nicest of areas. From the minute we got there we were having problems with the room keys. It went from working sporatically, to not working at all. Neither one of our keys worked. It was so bad the maintenance man had to let us into our room TWICE! The staff gave us a total of TWENTY keys to keep trying and hope that one would work. I don't know if it was our lock or their key machine that was messed up, but they told us it would be Monday before they could get anyone to come fix it and we were leaving on Sunday. Sunday morning we planned to order room service for breakfast due to an early meeting but the hotel gave us compensation for the room key fiasco which included two free buffet vouchers, so against our better judgement, we went to their buffet.

What a joke this buffet was! We thought we were getting Sunday Brunch. It was nothing more than what most hotel chains consider to be their FREE continental breakfast. There was a plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, a few canisters or yogurt, some pathetic looking old fruit, oh and you could fry up your own waffle, which I got yelled at for not knowing to flip it over. I can't believe they normally charge for that! I was so appalled! We look forward to nice breakfasts when we are on vacation. Actually, the breakfast on the room service menu sounded way better. This was HORRIBLE! The coffee was bad too.

The room itself was okay. The sheets felt like sand paper, but it was okay. I used the fitness room while I was there, it had all the basic equipment, but it was very very small. No room for floor exercises. Overall, we were happy to leave. This place is nothing special and became a huge hassle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely apologize for the room key situation and the inconvenience we caused you. Your feedback is very important to us so we can make improvements. We will share your review with our restaurant team to ensure we are providing quality food options for our guests. Thank you for your feedback.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The entire hotel needs a refresh! Rooms are average (first room I got was quite large, second, after I extended my stay was an handicapped room -- large bathroom, small room, close to noisy elevators). Generally speaking the hotel is noisy, and some sides more than others. Everything needs a little refresh, particularly the bathrooms. A little bit filthy in places. In room Internet (wired and/or wireless) is acceptable.

So in summary, nothing to run for, nothing which would not make me consider the place again if in the close area.

Hotel breakfast was not of the best (but worth $13).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms closest to Powell street, can be more noisy than others. Avoid also elevator proximity d...