The thing to know about this hotel is that the rooms are not nice. The first room I was assigned smelled like a gym locker room, and when I complained at the front they were gracious enough to switch me to another room that was at least tolerable (but still had an odd odor). The staff were friendly and helpful, but that cannot make up for a room I would not want to stay in.
I travel a lot for work and have gotten used to what I consider a fairly standard hotel for business travel. This hotel is easy to access right from the highway and is near the San Francisco Bay Bridge (I-80 bridge). It is also close to my office. Beyond that all I can say is that it has the standard expectations for a Sheraton, which I have quickly realized are not up to par with most other equivalent-level hotels I stay at for business. I have not stayed in other local hotels, but from my window almost every other chain is represented and I doubt that any could be worse value.
More on the rooms:
They are small and poorly lit. If you are okay getting back to your hotel room and just going to sleep you will be okay, but the only lights available are the desk lamp and the two bedside lamps which do not collectively illuminate the room. The room barely had space for the bed and the closet was almost non-existent. The television did not really work either.
I also found the photos of the hotel on their website were deceiving. The pool looked much bigger (and did not show that it was in the parking lot) and the gym look much bigger and fully outfitted. I found neither was really useable.
I would recommend that this can work if it is your only option and you only want to sleep there, but otherwise I would recommend looking for something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Down by the Bay. Centrally located in the high-tech city of Emeryville, the Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge is convenient to both downtown San Francisco and Oakland. Also, the Napa and Sonoma Valleys are a scenic drive from our newly renovated hotel. Recreation at its best. Splash, soak and work out all of the stresses of the day in our outdoor heated pool and whirlpool. The options continue. There are nearby activities such as golf, tennis, indoor rock climbing, batting cages, and sports fishing. Enjoy an evening stroll to the area’s most prestigious outdoor shopping center, Bay Street Mall. The Bay Street Mall provides an outdoor living experience surrounded by luxurious shopping and fine dining choices; just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel’s doors. Kick back and relax after a long day on the road with a great craft beer. Our Best Brews® program features unique offerings, some locally sourced, all straight from the tap at Four Points. Each season the Best Brew program is enhanced with seasonal offerings, like Summer Ales, Oktoberfest and Winter Ales. Join us each Wednesday for a complimentary event at Cafe Four from 5 - 6:30 PM. Enjoy complimentary samples of delicious BBQ and try our current Best Brews offerings, Anchor Steam, Lagunitas IPA, Pyramid Hefeweizen, and CA Anchor Lager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
- Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge Hotel Emeryville
- Sheraton Emeryville
- Four Points Emeryville
- Emeryville Four Points
- Emeryville Sheraton