“Good for a late night bite”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #56 of 117 Restaurants in Emeryville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were returning from a late night of shopping in Alameda and needed a quick yet hearty dinner before going back to our hotel in Berkeley. Denny's in Emeryville was open and just off the freeway so we decided why not.

The restaurant was packed with people actually waiting for tables to open; however to our surprise we were seated immediately. It took a little time for our waitress to take our order but we just figured they were just slammed for a Saturday night.

Our meals were tasty and very satisfying. It's a Denny's so it is what it is. Simple food for a reasonable price. Maybe we were just starving but I had no complaints including the service. Our waitress refilled our soft drinks promptly without needing to be asked.

A lot of people complain about Denny's but the Emeryville restaurant was very good in my opinion. The manager on duty was very friendly and he and I talked for some time when I paid the tab. A very nice gentleman. Kudos to him although I didn't catch his name.

Given how crowded the restaurant was, and the lateness of our visit, all in all I'd give this Denny's an A- for service and food quality. I've been to many Denny's restaurants and this one ranks up there with the best. Compared to an experience at a Denny's in South San Francisco, this visit was very good.

If you're in Emeryville and in need of a quick, no nonsense, hearty meal for a reasonable price, check it out. One off the subject observation,...What's up with the entrance to the Emeryville Ikea. Could they make it harder to find?

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We typically don't eat at Denny's but decided for a quick meal. We found that the servers were understaffed and there were plenty of people in the restaurant at 4:30PM on Sunday. The server (Seychelle) was on top of things - knew that she couldn't serve us quickly, apologized and offered free drinks to compensate. She was friendly and helpful and was genuinely sorry because she wanted to offer great service. She cares. Management needs to watch how she works.

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at about 7:30am,,,decent crowd but no lines etc.
Ordered from the 2-4-6-8 menu, which is really cheap..BUT beware the extras!! It turned out really expensive because I ordered a side of bacon.....which cost almost MORE than the entire grand slam I ordered (Pancakes, bacon, 2 eggs).. If only it were good bacon too...it was like the precooked ones you buy at Safeway and then feed your dog after they go mouldy in the refridgerator because everyone in the house refuses to eat them.
Enough about the bacon..
Everything else I was able to force down my hungover gullet...lets just say my expectations werent extraordinarily high to begin with.
Cruised the wi-fi for a bit..typed up this review taking my time..they aren't hassling me out of here too much.
All in all I'd come here again if identical circumstances arose, or i was forced to come here by the mob...just sayin...

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Located nearby (walking distance) few big hotels but also seems to be popular among locals. Went there twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner and have really nothing to complain about. Both times, service was great, food was as expected (it's not a fancy place after all) and overall experience was pretty good.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Crowded, relaxed service. Food is decently priced, but not great quality.