Review Highlights
I wish I would have read the TripAdvisor reviews before booking!!!!

I never write reviews but I felt inclined to write one about this company. I wish I would have read... read more

Reviewed October 26, 2018
JessicaJaska
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
DO NOT SIGN UP _ THEY ARE DISHONEST

Reviewed February 14, 2019
TrippingNow66

All reviews great trip bucket list item once in a lifetime whales lawrence encounter chef passes
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019

Their policy states they will provide trip cancellation insurance as part of the cost of the sign-up. The problem is - they did not do as their policy states. They can cancel any trip for any reason - see some of the other reviews; weather, boat breakdown, just wanting to take the day off and still get paid, etc., etc. !! We are out our money as the trip was cancelled and they refuse to assist - also stated in their policy, they will assist. If you are thinking of signing up, check their rating at the Better Business Bureau - it is a solid "F". THINK AGAIN _ DO NOT _ BEWARE _ BEWARE !! If I could rate below Terrible, I would. DISGUSTED !!

4  Thank TrippingNow66
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Our trip was cancelled due to rough seas (understandable) and we were notified the day before our trip. The office manager said she would send a captain's letter and weather report detailing the cancellation that day and would file the claim on our behalf. When I hadn't heard anything by the next business day, I should have known I would be in for a terrible experience. It took 6 WEEKS to get the office manager for Great White Adventures to send the appropriate documentation to the insurance company (this only after multiple calls and emails on a weekly basis, attempting to get the documents sent to me personally to no avail). The office manager was outrageously rude and unprofessional, even telling my husband on one occasion that we would 'continue to get the run around if we kept calling' and that we were 'creating needless work' for her by requesting documentation. Fortunately, the insurance company was efficient in turning our claim around once the documents were received, but the damage was done. On the chance your trip is cancelled, prepare for a painful and stress-filled process. Not worth my time and money!

Date of experience: October 2018
5  Thank Samantha D
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

What an adventure!!! We cannot say enough about our epic trip to The Farallon Islands. The service was exceptional. The crew were kind, helpful and enthusiastic. Captain/Chef Lawrence was informative, engaging and welcoming (and he makes one killer panini). We saw one predation event that led to 3-4 more sharks surrounding us for over an hour!! What was a bucket list item for my husband and I, has now fuled our fire for more encounters with these majestic creatures!! Thank you Great White Adventures!!

2  Thank Ber1210
Reviewed November 16, 2018

I had a great day on the shark trip to the Farallon's. Thanks Lawrence, Jerry, and Hex! They put their carpet decoys in the water upon arrival and within 5 minutes a shark hit the surface and snapped at one of them right next to the boat. Everyone took a turn in the cage but didn't see anything until.......bam!, an elephant seal gets killed by a shark and there is blood and bits of blubber everywhere. After that there were sharks everywhere. Even though the vis underwater was very bad the sharks came right past the cage - I counted around 10 passes of huge sharks that were almost close enough to touch. Up on deck there was just as much to see - numerous sharks came to clean up pieces of the seal on the surface, giving us a great view of them.

All the crew were very friendly and professional throughout the day. I recommend this trip - they can't control whether the wildlife shows up or not, all they can do is put you in the right place for the best chance. And when the sharks turn up they are spectacular.

2  Thank gibgibgibgib
Reviewed November 11, 2018

I booked a trip as a deck observer. I paid my money. I showed up the day before and found that the boat had been moved to another marina without notice from Great White Adventures. I called them and asked about this. ONLY THEN was I told that the trip was cancelled due to "weather." (the weather was beautiful on November 2 (you can check weather reports, guys..) They DO NOT refund money. Travel insurance is a joke.

I have written to the Alameda County D.A. about this obvious fraud.

7  Thank normanplombe