“Floating Pradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barkissimo, a floating oasis

Barkissimo, a floating oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Emeryville B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“Floating Pradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I spent Sunday night on the Barkissimo, and I believe that it was the best time I've ever had in a hotel/B&B. We left the frenetic pace of San Francisco and drove over to Emeryville, where we found the boat docked in a large harbour. We were met at our car by a staff person who carried our luggage, then shown to our stateroom, which was lovely. On a tray was a bottle of Chianti and two chocolates to welcome us. If you go, be sure to have Scott cook dinner for you. It's pricey, but worth it to savor the gourmet food and wait for a seal pop up off the back of the boat. After dinner we watched the stars from the hot tub on the top deck, and slept to the gentle movement of the boat. It was quiet, peaceful, and overall fantastic. Breakfast was wonderful. We hated to leave. But we'll be back.

Room Tip: There are two staterooms. We got the one on the aft, so we could look out in the morning over the ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Diane B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Santa Cruz, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

recommend this as a change of pace from the usual bed and breakfast -- a unique experience with a warm welcome, homey, off the beaten path, albeit a bit unusual, houseboat b and b a great idea, good cooking, great cozy spot, recommend this if you're up for something a bit different -- enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank J D
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This trip began with plans to take a surprise vacation with my girl friend from Salt Lake City to Emeryville, CA on Amtrak. From the Amtrak website I was checking places to stay in Emeryville & it took me to TripAdvisor where I found Barkissimo. After reviewing the ratings & Scott's web site I planned our entire vacation around the availability of the Owner's Stateroom. Scott only had two nights available in August & I planned our trip around that date. Scott Locker, Captain, proprietor & head chef picked us up from the Amtrak station in the late afternoon. Since this was a surprise trip for my girl friend, she was blown away when we boarded his boat & was shown our room for the next two nights. If you go, be sure to order dinner in advance, I recommend eating dinner on board every night. Scott is an amazing chef & his crew, Kim, Kat & Jon treated us like family & royalty. The view from the boat of the Emeryville marina & San Francisco bay is amazing. If you are looking for a romantic encounter, this was a five star experience for us. Not only did we have an unforgettable stay, we made new friends. We plan on spending more time on the Barkissimo.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank March2MyOwnDrum
Topock, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I can say your yacht was beautiful before the transition. And I know the captain is awesome! So I'm sure anyone would have fabulous memories whilst staying on the Barkissimo.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tblademom
Benicia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I took my boyfriend here as a birthday present and it couldn't have been more perfect. Scott is an amazing host and the yacht is beautiful. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and a cheese plate. Although the salon is a lovely welcoming space we spent most of our time on the fantail. The view was fabulous and we enjoyed watching the birds swoop and dip close by. Dinner was an absolute delight from the bright crunchy kale salad to the richly decadent chocolate raspberry mousse. Scott has a magic touch in the kitchen. When the sun went down the lights were turned off and the salon and fantail were illuminated by candles. With soft piano music playing in the background it was very romantic. Our cabin was very comfortable and we had a wonderful nights sleep listening to the water lapping against the hull. I loved the sea glass and slate shower. Scott's daughter Denise served us a lovely breakfast the next morning... fresh fruit, quiche, morning bun, fresh orange juice, and coffee. Ahhhhh.... we loved this place and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WW647
Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My sweetheart and I stayed on Bakissimo last month in January, and we loved it! We had a wonderful, romantic time at this unusual bed and breakfast. Our room and private bath were luxurious and peaceful. The boat is beautiful. It is filled with heart and soul.Complimentary chocolates and wine were lovely. Scott, the owner and chef was quick to respond to my emails. He is friendly and helpful. We used the hot tub upstairs on the top deck. The view was amazing with the city scene and lights. Breakfast in the morning was extraordinary and delicious.

Two things I wished...that we stayed longer, and that we had arranged for Scott to make us dinner, next time, because we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AmaraHappy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Inn at Temescal
Inn at Temescal
#10 of 49 in Oakland
4.5 of 5 stars 51 reviews

Been to Barkissimo, a floating oasis? Share your experiences!