HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
$75
$119
$115
1,421 results
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomamtrak stationsan franciscotrain noisefree parkingfree breakfastwoodfin suitesking suitegreat place to stayrailroad trackscalifornia zephyrpublic marketyogurtwalking distancelarge bathroomhome away from home
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Pluses
1. Location - we had an excellent stay after a busy day in San Francisco. We visitedTreasure Island on our way from SFO - awesome night view on the way and the bay view rooms (higher floors)
2. Staff -all hotel staff was very friendly and helpful

Could be better
1. Two beds instead of King bed - the hotel knew I was a diamond tier member and coming with a kid. There was a request for a room with two beds. Sofa bed was not good at all.
2. Breakfast - we were vegetarians and hence choices were limited

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the bay
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My company's main office recently relocated to Emeryville. The Hyatt Place hotel is within a short walking distance of the hotel, so I decided to give it a try. I have not stayed at a Hyatt property before, but I was not disappointed. The room was a two room kitchenette. The furniture was comfortable. The tv's and appliances were in great shape. Plenty of room to work and relax. The bed and pillows were comfortable as well. Two complaints - shower head and electrical outlets. The shower head didn't have a wide spray pattern and so the shower was just so so. The electrical outlets by the bed were occupied by the lamp and alarm clock. Hotels should use a similar setup like they do at the desks in their rooms, that is to put outlets on the lamps for iPods, iPads and phone chargers. All in all, it was a good stay and I'll be back on my next trip.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

+ side
1) good location
2) friendly staff at front desk and restaurant
3) good bar and bar tender
4) nice common areas
5) big rooms
6) front side rooms face the bay (back side rooms face train track)

+/-
1) the rooms are your typical extended stay rooms. Hyatt tout's this as upscale expended stay. To be honest it's an average at best extended stay. Typical of what's out there. All extended say rooms look a little "beaten up'.

- side
1) Horrible food quality - I had the displeasure of eating both dinner and the free breakfast at the hotels "restaurant". Did not expect anything exceptional but I know it was bad when my dinner steak was served with the leftover breakfast potato's. The free breakfast was weak compared to other hotel free breakfasts. But it was free so I choked it down.
2) have higher expectations for a Hyatt property.
3) no shuttle driver the night I was there so no shuttle.

Safe travels....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph777
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for three days before Thanksgiving 2013, visiting the Bay Area with my spouse. Great location to get into the city by car, a little more challenging if using BART. Had a suite here with a fantastic bay view, was quite a good value. Clean, well equipped, convenient parking, really have no complaints at all about the place! I'd definitely stay here again if my travels take me back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BragmansWorld
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I definitely recommend this hotel for the Bay Area. Great location near shopping, easy access to SF (although always traffics going across the bridge), easy drive to Berkeley. I've stayed here twice in the last couple of months. Both times, the staff was super friendly and helpful. I've read the reviews about stained carpets and old TVs, but our room was great with flat screens, fully stocked kitchen, nicely furnished. The staff told me that renovations have begun, so all rooms will have new carpets and upholstery. This is a good value, considering you get a hot breakfast and free parking. SF hotels are much pricier and parking is usually extra. Pay up for a bay view and enjoy the sunset! We will continue to stay here!

Room Tip: Bay view on the higher floors is definitely my preference. Rooms without a view have a bit of train noise, but not enough to bother me and I am a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family