“People are the difference!”

HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night prior to taking the Amtrak train from California to Chicago. The hotel was very convenient to the Amtrak station. There was a bridge from the hotel parking lot to the train station. The hotel was close to shopping and restaurants. What made the difference for me was the staff at the hotel. They were very friendly and helpful. They greeted by name every time I passed through the lobby. One front desk member walked me to the gym to make sure I could find it easily. I stay at a number of hotels for business and pleasure and the staff here really made the difference.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Charu J

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We wanted separate sleeping quarters for our daughter and the one-bedroom accommodations filled the bill with a pull-out sofa in the living room. A small kitchen with fridge was adequate for a few essentials during our four-day stay. Breakfast was included, adequate, better than most free breakfasts. While our business was in the East Bay, this hotel would certainly be a more spacious and inexpensive alternative to one in San Francisco. The hotel provides free car service to the BART station.

Room Tip: The "bayside" rooms cost a bit more but are away from the Amtrak station.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Whenever I visit family in the East Bay I always stay here (even when it was Woodfin Suites). The service is terrific, the full breakfast in the AM can't be beat, the gym is good enough and the pool is a nice touch in the summer months.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visit the Berkeley area frequently to visit family. This is by far my favorite hotel in the area. (Have also stayed at Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn Express, Doubletree, Hotel Shattuck Plaza, and a hotel right next to the Cal campus which shall not be named.) The suites are large, with a kitchenette, sitting area, large bedroom, and large bathroom. I was surprised to see how small the TVs were, although they worked fine. There was a DVD player which we did not use. I have had rooms on both the train side and the bay side of the hotel and I prefer the train side. We enjoy watching the trains come and go and the soundproofing is so good that we barely notice the noise when the sliding glass door is closed. (We are sound sleepers, though. If you're a light sleeper you should probably opt for the bay side.) Wifi and parking are both free - I hate paying for either! Didn't really like the bathroom toiletries but the beds are very comfy.

The included breakfast isn't fancy, but it's adequate and all I really want is oatmeal, fruit, and coffee anyway. There are also scrambled eggs, some breakfast meat, yogurt, cold cereal, English and mini muffins, bagels, and toast.

The location is excellent, right next to shops at the Emeryville Public Market and a short walk from the Bay Street shopping area and a very nice walking/biking trail next to the Bay.

The staff here is noticeably friendly. We walked past the front desk many times a day and were greeted by someone each and every time. The housekeeping staff were attentive and prompt in their room servicing.

I am done sampling the area hotels. I plan to make this my NorCal home!

Room Tip: If night noise bothers you, ask for the bay side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank threekidmama
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff at the Hyatt House was great. When I checked in, they gave me a number of options for local resturants that deliver as well which ones they frequent. The staff - great job on all fronts - check in, check out and at breakfast.
My room was spacious, just dated. If fell a touch below expectation, but I had a wonderful nights sleep in a very clean room. TV was smaller and not flat screen, but did the job.
Carpets need upgrading - an observation, not a reason not to stay.

Room Tip: The east side of the hotel has its back to the Emeryville Amtrak stop. Stay on the other side. Fro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family stayed here on an overnight trip to the Bay area. Excellent customer service throughout, from check-in to breakfast. The complimentary breakfast surprised me - plenty of fresh fruit and enough variety to satisfy the picky eaters in my family. The hotel is also close to the Public Market Emeryville for quick and cheap dining. The train does run along the back of the hotel, so if you're a light sleeper, you might want to reconsider. In my opinion, though, the noise was minimal. Would consider this hotel again when in the Bay area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel! The suites come with everything that you need and if there is something that you are requesting calling the front desk is efficient & the request is fulfilled immediately! Jennifer at the front desk was super nice! Her customer service was spectacular & she even called up to the room to make sure that I was pleased with the room! Never experienced that! Anyway we will definitely stay here again!
Ohhhh and get a room on the bay side view! It is amazing!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina

Been to HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area? Share your experiences!