“Great local place to eat at!”
Review of Berts Diner

Berts Diner
Ranked #88 of 263 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Wilton, California
“Great local place to eat at!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We live in Wilton and find ourselves at Berts at least once a week. The breakfasts are big! The lunches are satisfying. We like to go for Taco Tuesdays. You can't beat the price. We bring the family during one of their special nights and eat for half the cost. They are accommodating for special requests... the waitresses are always nice.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank KathyHTP

Galt
“Retro and Still Dancin'”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

There for breakfast. Good parking; greeted at front door by friendly and cute waitresses. Seated quickly. Old style restaurant with retro-décor and nuttin fancy here honey. Go in understanding that this is a "fun dive." Reminded me of the mid-west cafes from the 50's. Place was in a little disrepair and not spotless. This is an "old-time burger joint" that your parents used to play footsie under the chrome tables when they were dating. Sat on metal chairs (pretty cool Brrr in the am) on patio because inside was too crowded, a good sign. Girls lit-up the propane heaters, real comfy in a few minutes. Piping hot coffee delivered quickly and refreshed every few minutes by an efficient, smart, happy young lady. Menus delivered, within a few minutes order was taken. Great variety of fare and nicely priced. Food delivered within minutes. I highly recommend their home styled hash-browns, awesome!
They have half-off specials during the week after 5PM.
20 mile drive for me. My wife and I will be back, soon.
If this is helpful, please mark it as such. Thanks

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sonnybear47
Fairfield, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Didn't even have the chance to experience the food, although the ratings are quite good for the food there. The service and the cleanliness of the restaurant,on the other hand, has declined in ratings from what I have seen and I will tell you why. My boyfriend and I had gone there because the restaurant next door, that we initially wanted to eat at, was closed. As soon as we walked in, I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the place. The floors were dirty and as soon as we were seated at our table, you could see that the table itself along with the salt and pepper shakers needed a really good cleaning. We were approached by a young man who had asked us if we wanted anything to drink besides the water we already had and we said no. He then proceeded to let us know that someone would be back to take our order. We waited. And waited. They continued to walk by our table without stopping to see if we were ready to order.And then the waiter and one of the waitresses started arguing behind the counter, language was not censored. My boyfriend and I looked at each other and he asked if we should leave. I gladly said yes and we left. Not going back anytime soon- The food may be great, but it's not worth the lack of customer service. Can' enjoy food in a restaurant that doesn't appreciate the patrons giving them business.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank itsrizzie
Sacramento, California, United States
“Back to the 50s”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Back to the 50s with music, stainless steel and naugahyde upholstery. A fun atmosphere with generally good service and food. They even serve good mexican food. The sandwiches are very good and the milk shakes awesome. It brings back memories of the days of drive inns and jukeboxes. Sometimes they tend to lag behind on cleaning, but it is fun.

• Visited December 2012
Elk Grove, California
“Needs a good cleaning”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This place is so cute on the outside and has the potential to be so great on the inside. It's very retro 50's looking. Chrome, vinyl seating, soda fountain looking shop.
I just couldn't get past how dirty the tables, chairs, walls, booths, floors, etc. were. I can only image (And I would not make myself imagine it while I was there) what the kitchen looked like.

I had to ask for a new drink - my cup had lipstick still on it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jennifer G

Been to Berts Diner? Share your experiences!