“Finally tried this local spot”
Review of Plaza del Sol

Plaza del Sol
Ranked #24 of 275 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've been in Elk Grove for sometime but only recently got around to trying this place. I was surprised at the size, it's bigger than I thought. Also, there is a nice little bar area for those who care to partake.

I had the enchilada and avocado tostada combo. The enchilada sauce was very good! It's the soul soothing deep flavor kind. The tostada was abundant with avocados, which isn't always the case at other places.

I'd definitely come back and try more items! They usually send out coupons and also offer happy hour.

3  Thank heyitsjulie

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This Mexican food restaurant is excellent. The food is made so that it may be pleasing to anyone, If you like spicy or not spicy. The flavor comes through and is not covered by any spicy sauce.
The service has been great any time we have gone and the food gets you quickly.

3  Thank rfiorica
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great service
The food tastes great.
For seating you can choose to be seated in the sport bar or in the family side.
The restaurant is very family friendly.

1  Thank SingaporeSling777
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A nice restaurant with decent service and very good food. They are much better than other choices in the area for Mexican food. Not the same ol chain food taste!

1  Thank 1000Gr8adventures
Reviewed March 30, 2012

If you are in the Elk Grove, CA area...you have to check out Casa del Sol. It's just one of those kind of neighborhood restaurants that is just comfortable. We used to go to La Mission (on Florin Road) but a co-worker suggested that I try their "sister" restaurant Casa del Sol and I'm glad I did. I always order the Camerones a la Diabla and for some reason they changed the recipe at La Mission. So we sent to Casa del Sol and the food there is so much better. Everything there is good...salsa, guacamole, chips, drinks, etc. In addition to the Camerones a al Diabla...the carnitas are excellent. Everyone is very friendly and it's a great place to take the family. Try it...you'll like it too.

2  Thank FlyingSolo916