“Inept service”

On the Border
Ranked #20 of 270 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food here is pretty good, but the service has been terrible everytime we have gone there. Slow. Got the order screwed up, and then asked us to move to provide for a party on the outdoor deck.
Talked to the manager,and she did nothing but make excuses.
By the way we didn't move. Probably won't return.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to visit this place since its a chain. Resturant is small inside. Service was slow but good. Food I did not like much. Not much flavor in food. Was not there for me. I like Chevys better.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I wanted so much to like this restaurant since it is so close to my house, but I cannot in good faith recommend this restaurant. I'll say one thing, the chips were delicious.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food is okay for a chain mexican place, but there is definately better. Add the bad service, which is an always, to the okay food and I will never go here again. We always wait a year or more to try it again, but as we are sitting there we remember quickly why we haven't been in so long. Too many good places near by to eat here.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

So, I go to On the Border to pick up my to go order and surprise! It's not ready. Stand around for another 15 minutes until the kid brings it out and I leave without checking it. bad idea....upon getting home we discover that the chicken for the chicken taco salad is missing. the sauce for the avacodo fries is missing and the enchilada combo is both cold and portioned for a child. bad experience. won't do it again!