“birthday lunch”

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant And Sushi Bar
Ranked #1 of 259 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“birthday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Headed to lunch with a friend to celebrate my birthday. We were going to a different restaurant when I remembered the mikuni in elk grove. And then I had a hunger for Japanese. My friend agreed and we had their lunch special bentobox. Soooo delicious. The pickled cukes..carrot salad..delicious. I had the sesame chicken and mixed tempura. Sooo good. Even got to try something new (to us) in the tempura combo..taro root. Was good. Friend ordered mixed tempura and teriyaki salmon. Her salmon was a beautiful moist piece which she said was delicious. So glad we switched up r lunch plans and ended up at mikuni. Our waiter Damian was terrific and very attentive. He was also my good luck charm. Since it was my birthday I got to spin the birthday wheel and won the BIG prize of $100 gift cert to mikuni. Yay for me and thanks to mikuni elk grove. I will he back. And soon.

• Visited September 2014

Elk Grove, California
“Birthday dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very clean, contemporary design, friendly and courteous staff offering to help with menu and to make suggestions on how to "tackle" their rather comprehensive menu. We went with our kids, their spouses, and their kids (toddlers). They also have a nice little thing where if it's your birthday you get to spin a wheel for a prize. The food was very good and it was even enjoyed by the two grandboys. I would recommend this place if you are wanting some great sushi in a very friendly atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
Bass Lake, California
“Oishi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very modern, clean, well staffed, friendly servers, and delicious food. Spicy edamame were enjoyed by all five of us as an appetizer. Bento boxes were priced reasonable with large servings and excellent fresh delights. I ordered mine with curry beef--beef was tender and no fat, and the avocado roll was huge and so fresh; two very different item choices for me and both were oishi.

• Visited July 2014
Carmel Valley, California
“As usual, stellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We live in SF bay area. Whenever we head to sacramento, it requires we visit Mikuni Sushi. Stellar. Creative. Luscious. Excellent. And, on a bonzai road trip to get two baby kittens for our daughter, we motivated ourselves to get there before they close. Our goal? J ST Mikuni. We weren't going to make it. A quick review on the internet let us know there was a NEW Mikuni! Closer! Elk Grove! We made it at 9:55. And, it was nothing less than spectacular.

• Visited June 2014
Huntington Beach, California
“The standard quality and taste you expect from Mikuni”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I like Mikuni restaurants. There is a reason that they are well known - quality sushi, broad selection, fun specials, upscale decor and attentive service.

This Mikuni is no different. If you like sushi, you will not be disappointed here.

Visited April 2014