Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oregon
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Hotel is very nice, clean. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Ten minutes after check-in Dave at front desk called to make sure our room was fine. We had a little problem with the bathroom outlet later, but they offered to send someone up immediately or change our room.
Breakfast was very good. Bed very comfortable. Room was very large.
Couldn't ask for a better hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Great value with breakfast and free wifi. Location is just what we were looking for, and the service is friendly and unobtrusive. Couldn't ask for anything better.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I don't know about the previous reviewer as I saw no bums around the property. In fact, i saw no people on foot at all. (And why would you mark down a property because a bum is exercising his/her right to wander around.)
Anyway, I had a queen/queen room and my friend had a king suite. Both were very nice and spacious. Check-in was friendly and efficient. We were there for a large tennis tournament and many people were checking in because of this. But the front desk service was very good even with this is mind.
The bed was very comfy. As said, 4 pillows on each bed, which is a bit of overkill IMO and I like thinner pillows as it is.
The windows open but there is quite a bit of noise (even for a city dweller) from I-5 to keep it open throughout the night so I had to use the A/C, which is usually not my choice.
Nice bathroom with tub/shower combination.
I had to get going by 7:30 to be on the tennis court by 8:30 (and we won! Whoo Hoo), so I skipped breakfast.
Checked out via the TV.
I'd say a nice place and pretty much what I expected from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Rohnert Park, CA
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Elk Grove for 1 day this weekend. It was a nice hotel with the exception of the bum that I saw outside going through his belongings when I glanced out the window while waiting for the elevator. Next to our room number was a picture of a railroad sign, no clue what the picture is all about, probably some theme that I’m clueless about. The room was really spacious. In the bathroom, there was just a shower but who takes tub baths anyway, right? The shower was nice and hot, although I would have liked it to extend to the whole shower instead of just half. It was quite cold in the are where the water didn't reach.

The printed curtains on the window were there for decoration and only extended to the borders of the air conditioner. I would have liked the printed curtains to go all the way to cover the window but then it would block the air conditioner. Although if they shortened they curtains they wouldn’t. Anyway, it just gave the illusion to me that the room was open for people to look in even though the white curtains were thick and non-see through.

I thought the desk was really nice and I would have loved to have a desk like that at home. Although I do love my L-shaped desk. =D The free internet was a plus as well. The t.v. wasn’t a flat screen but it doesn’t matter, a t.v. is a t.v. as long as it works and it has shows you want to watch.

We had a king bed and it was very comfortable. I slept very well. They had soft and firm pillows or at least what they stated on the card next to the bed. The pillows all seemed soft to me. Although the card also stated you could ask for firmer pillows but there were 4 pillows on the bed and that’s all that matters. I hate when they have just 2 pillows on the bed and no where else in the room and then you have to ask for more pillows.

I don’t know if I would stay here again. It is a nice, comfortable, spacious room but the bum was a turn off. I might stay here again but I also might not, just depends on the deals and the mood, I’m in I guess. Although the Starbuck's across the street was quite nice. I always need my Starbucks fix, lol.

Oh and I gave it 3 stars because of the bum but the overall hotel was nice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2009

When my husband, and I traveled to Sacramento with our teenaged children to attend a wedding, the bride and groom recommended we stay at the Hampton Inn in Elk Grove. Since we had stayed at other Hampton Inns with great success, we took their advice. We spent two nights there, and we had a wonderful stay. From the moment we walked in the lobby, we were greeted by friendly front desk staff members who welcomed us to Sacramento. While they were checking us in, our ravenous teenagers discovered complimentary doughnuts in the breakfast area that was nearby. They also engaged in conversation with another employee who was tidying the area, and she was very friendly.

When we arrived at our rooms on the second floor, we were delighted to find beautiful rooms with comfy beds, plenty of towels, flat screen televisions and all the expected amenities. Everything was immaculate.

Breakfasts were also excellent. There was an assortment of breads, baked goodies, cold cereals and drinks. There was also an egg dish each day and hot biscuits. The breakfast room was clean, and the food was replenished by pleasant staff regularly.

The entire family would happily return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone traveling to the Sacramento area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Denver
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Elk Grove. It is right off I-5. It looks brand new. The room was clean, the bed REALLY comfy and service was great. The value was amazing. Great breakfast, too. Large buffet with cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, bagels. Right across the street from Stabucks.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 4, 2009

The hotel is really clean and new and the staff is pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and well-stocked. The business center was quiet and well-equipped. I really enjoyed my stay here and will return when I'm in the area again. There's an outlet mall about 5-10 minutes away on the way in from downtown Sacramento. I'm thinking that I'll unleash my shopaholic tendencies a little and relax in this quiet neighborhood next time I'm here. ;)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5? Share your experiences!