Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice Place”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very clean, and polite staff. Breakfast had hot eggs with ham and hot potato cubes, and you can make your own waffles, hot oatmeal, toast/bread/bagel, juices, and of course coffee. Room as very comfortable and roomy considering it had 2 queen beds. Bathroom as roomy and very clean. would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

saceg_hampton_suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We love hearing from our guests, positive or negative, and the experience that they had. I am glad you enjoyed our "On The House" breakfast and the room that you stayed in. We have some new and exciting changes to our breakfast that will improve something that is already great.

I have already shared your review with the staff here and they were pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Joseph Pickett - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clovis, CA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Note: This is an update to my review posted on 10/13/13, which is below. I have changed my overall rating for this hotel from a 3 to a 5 due to the incredible level of customer service I received from the hotel, which actively sought to resolve the few issues I experienced during my stay. I can honestly say that I have never had a hotel exhibit the level of customer service and strive for customer satisfaction the way that Hampton Inn has. They have definitely won a repeat customer for any of my future visits to the area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just came back from spending the weekend at the Hampton Inn in Elk Grove for a tennis tournament. I booked a block of about 10 rooms for my teams at the Hampton Inn. Overall, it is a very nice and clean hotel with a nice very staff. But there were a few issues that kept us from having an ideal stay there.

PROS:
The staff seemed very nice and helpful from the Sales Manager Sierra who helped us book 10 rooms, to the Front Desk staff including Morgan who were very friendly, to the Breakfast attendant.

The rooms and beds seemed very nice and clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was very nice and one of the reasons we chose the Hampton Inn. Trying to organize 10+ people to be somewhere by 715a is difficult but made easier by having a convenient quick breakfast in the hotel. I didn't have to worry about missing teammates who were wandering the streets of Elk Grove looking for a Starbucks or McDonalds. The breakfast had a good variety of fruits, yogurts, bread items, hot items (like sausage and omletes), oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, self-made waffles, cereals, coffee, juices, etc. We enjoyed the selection and convenience very much. By comparison, the Hilton Garden Inn does not offer a free breakfast.

For those that are computer savvy and like to carry their iphones, laptops, and ipads, the Hampton has excellent free WiFi which seemed to be very fast and easy to connect. It seemed secure too as you had to log in using your room info.

The location was good, near the main street of Laguna and I-5. Many restaurants and fast food places were conveniently located within a few minutes and pretty easy to find. Just a note for planning purposes is that the Hampton is on the I-5 (West) side of town and the Hilton Garden Inn is on the highway 99 (East) side of town. Only 10 minutes to cross the town on Laguna so not a huge deal either way.

Those were all the good things about the hotel,... unfortunately there were a few things that made the visit less than perfect and therefore elicit my rating of 3 stars vs 4-5 stars for my visit.

CONS:
Although the beds were comfortable, we did not sleep very well for either night of our stay. The walls seem to be very thin or at least thinner than other hotels that I have stayed in. We were in room 221 which had, I believe, a hearing impaired room next to it. The first night of our stay we had a neighbor that had loud conversations in the middle of the night which kept us awake. Finally, at around 2am in the morning I walked down to the lobby to ask the front desk (who was very helpful) to please ask the other room to quiet down. The nice front desk lady finally managed to get this other guest to quiet down, but since we had to wake up at 545a in the morning, we didn't get very much sleep that night.

The other problem that kept us awake may be due to the location of our room. All night long, there sounded like a clothes dryer or something similar cycling on and off. While not "super" loud it was noticeable enough to wake me up throughout both nights of my stay. Would recommend to not stay on that floor or that side of the hotel.

The final issue we had during our stay was a situation with pool and hot tub area. We choose to stay in specific hotels because of the pool and hot tub for my children who were traveling with us. It is one of the highlights of their stay to be be able to swim and enjoy the hot tub. Several members of my team (myself included) had looked forward to enjoying the hot tub to help soothe aching muscles from many hours of tennis matches. However, the afternoon of our stay we were told the pool and hot tub were closed for refinishing. Major disappointment for the kids in our group. They had looked forward all morning to being able to go swimming and play in the hot tub. So several of us in our group changed our plans for the afternoon to find alternative things for our kids to do. About 90 minutes later I happened to be walking back thru the lobby and the front desk alerted me that the pool was now open! Good news, so I had to text several in my group, but some had already left the hotel and didn't have time to use the pool anymore. I did bring my kids soon after to the hot tub, but another disappointment awaited them. The hot tub was cold! We turned on the bubbles hoping it would quickly warm up, while trying to keep the kids occupied. One of my kids refused to go in the pool which was cold and the other that did jump in was shivering like crazy waiting for the hot tub to warm up. After 20-30 mins, the hot tub was still no warmer so I walked to the front desk to inquire if the hot tub was broken. The Front Desk Manager quick went to check the hot tub and said the heater had been reset so was off. He turned it on for us and was very helpful. But we only had about another 30-45 mins left before we had to leave and in that time, the 'hot' tub barely became a 'lukewarm at best' tub. The kids still went in because they were bored like crazy by then but it was way too cold for the adults to use or enjoy. By the time we had to leave to meet others for dinner, it still had a LONG way to go in order to heat up. Disappointing.

SUMMARY:
All these things aren't major problems for the Hampton Inn and were fixable (not sure about the whirling dryer noise though). But if we had known the pool might be closed the afternoon of our stay, we may have chosen to block rooms out at a different hotel. And a good night's sleep is very important to us, especially before an important tennis tournament weekend.

Overall, it is a very nice hotel and has a great staff, and most of my group enjoyed staying there. But nonetheless, these issues led to a less than ideal stay for myself and my family.

Room Tip: Room 221 was a bad location. Seemed to be above a noisy clothes dryer which went on and off ALL nigh...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello RichardQ. Thank you for updating your review and I am glad that the service of our staff has won you over to become a repeat guest. We are so happy to know that your team had a good time and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are ready for your return visit and will be happy to provide you with the best accommodations possible.

Dinuba, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thanks for the great amenities with a very nice breakfast selection. I would recommend this property and Hampton Suites again. The location is close to all things Elk Grove, and Elk Grove is a short distance to Sacramento and other great towns to experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

saceg_hampton_suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi John. Thank you for your great review. I am very happy to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed all of our amenities including our On The House Breakfast which is served every day between 6am and 10am. We have had some new additions this year and Hampton just announced additional improvements next year including better eggs, sausages, oatmeal toppings, fresh fruit choices and many other items. Next time you are in the Elk Grove area, be sure to stop by, say hi, and enjoy our comfortable rooms.

Thank you again and "We Love Having You Here."

Oakland, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The service from the front desk attendant Marissa was excellent, the amenities were good, wi fi was easy to use. I also noticed the attendant at the buffet style breakfast walking around asking people if everything was ok and if they needed anything. I will definitely stay here again. I take note of good service wherever I go and the service here was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Patrick W
saceg_hampton_suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Patrick. Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am very pleased that Marissa offered you great service and that you had a very positive stay. I have already shared your comments with the entire staff and they loved knowing they were able to exceed your expectations. When your travel brings you back to Elk Grove, we would love to have you here again.

Thanks again!

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We checked in on a saturday and were informed there was a wedding planned this evening on the 3rd floor. They gave us a room on the 4th floor, and I was assured there would be no wedding-noise on that floor. However our room was close to the elevator and ice/vending machines. At midnight people were filling their coolers, and some wedding guests were laughing and talking loud while walking to the elevator. Huh, i thought they were on the 3rd floor??
On top of that 2 women and their kid were screaming in the hallway at 8 AM waking up the entire floor. Who does that? I asked them to be quiet, and all they could say, is: "Oh, keep walking, the kid is just having fun".
Come on, don't you have any respect for other guests. I can't believe rude, selfish people like that! Slamming their door was another issue with them. With a little efford doors could be closed without bothering other guests!! They didn't care at all!
Next morning i mentioned it to the very friendly lady at the reception, she appologized and gave us a free upgrade to a king-suite for the rest of our stay.
Great service! Breakfast was wonderfull aswell, as was the free wifi.
We experienced the "hamptonality" in this property and will go back when visiting the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing comments and opportunities to improve from all of our guests. I am glad that my staff was able to WOW you by providing great service. I absolutely LOVE that you used "Hamptonality" in your review. I encourage a culture where we take care of our guests and offer personalized service however the employee wants to, even if they have to break some rules. I am very pleased to know you had a great stay.

We look forward to your next visit!

Juneau, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nice hotel, Hampton Inn Elk Grove had friendly and helpful staff. I liked the pleasant decor throughout the hotel. The convenience of not having to find a place to go for breakfast more than offsets the poor tasting eggs. The scrambled eggs tasted reconstituted, but the bacon was just right. There were always fresh apples and ice water available in the lobby. Definitely would return to this hotel in the future. There was easy highway access and wine country within half an hour drive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Michele. Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and any opportunity to improve. We have a very exciting change to our breakfast happening shortly. Many of our menu items are being improved for a better texture and taste. This will make the breakfast experience so much more enjoyable and be even better. I am glad you had a great stay and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Maple Grove, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the breakfast area was very nice, The disappointing experience was that we were given a handicap room which meant no bathtub to relax in and a shower that was awkward to use. We are Hilton Honors Club and made our reservations over a month in advance and felt that we should have gotten the room we reserved instead of what was left. They said that they had overbooked so it was on a first come basis. It is in a good location as it's only 20 minutes from the Sacramento airport and easy to get around.

Room Tip: Unless you need a handicap room I would specify.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Russ. Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your comments and the opportunity to improve our service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel very clean. I am sorry you were moved to a room type without a bathtub. Often times a guest chooses to extend an extra night or we have a room that is not acceptable to rent, so be become overbooked in some room types and make minor changes. Most cases, this turns into an upgrade for the guest. I am sorry this did not happen in your case. I stand behind our 100% guarantee and would be happy to take care of you. Simply give me a call and I can process it for you.

Next time you visit Elk Grove, CA, I would love to welcome you back to our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5? Share your experiences!