“A great "Locals" place”

Palermo
Ranked #13 of 259 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Palermo Ristorante Italiano, located in Elk Grove, California, is a family owned and operated business. We offer an exquisite menu, daily specials, delicious wines, and a full bar and lounge. Come in and join us for an authentic Italian dinner tonight. Buon Appetito!
Elk Grove, California
“A great "Locals" place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have gone to Palermo for many family celebrations, like after my son and his wife became engaged, several anniversaries, birthdays, etc. The staff is mostly family and treat you like you belong here, you're one of the family, very quickly. Tonight our food took a little extra time and the owner sat with us and talked while we waited.
The food is always fresh, with excellent flavors and textures. Their spinach is worth the trip by itself. All the desserts we've had were wonderful (personal favorite - Zabaglione).

• Visited February 2014

Elk Grove, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Taste of Italy in Elk Grove”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner here at Palermo Ristorante on New Years eve. We throughly enjoyed our meals. The staff was very friendly from the minute we walked in all of the way through our dinner. The food was delicious my wife had the Fettuccine Alfredo and I had a sea food dish that had linguini, swordfish,clams and mussel cooked in wine and garlic sauce. First time there but not our last time...

• Visited December 2013
Fair Oaks, California
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Palermo may be only second to Biba in Italian restaurants in Sacramento. Excellent fresh ingredients, great service, and reasonable prices.. The pork chop was done perfectly and with sauteed spinach was just like you would get in Italy. It is not the heavy Italian food you get at many U.S restaurants.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Family-run real Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My friends and I have dined at Palermo about a half-dozen times. The charming owner greets everyone, very old world, hard to find in this area, filled with franchises. The food is very good. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. We have in our group people with different dietary needs. We always find something for everybody.

• Visited August 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Authentic Italian Home Cooked Meal!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've lived in Sacramento for over 10 years and recently moved abroad. My Milanese friend has cooked me several home cooked meals while away from the States and this place reminded me of her cooking, only better!

We had the caprese salad as a starter, the mozzarella cheese was fresh and creamy with the right consistency and the tomatoes were ripen. The dish is simple so you taste the flavor of the ingredients. I had eggplant parma and it was to die for! The tomato sauce was sweet and not over powered with garlic or acidic. Exactly how marina sauced should be made. My friends ordered lamb shank, seafood risotto (special of the night), lobster ravioli. There were absolutely delicious!

The only thing to complain about is that the chef ran out of Lasagna. He only makes about 12 portions a day and you have to pre-order if you'd like to try his specialty. I would definitely go back again and what a shame that I've only found out about this place after having moved out of the country!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Palermo? Share your experiences!