“Don't waste your time!”
Review of Palermo

Palermo
Reserve with OpenTable
Palermo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 275 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Palermo Ristorante Italiano, located in Elk Grove, California, is a family owned and operated business. We offer an exquisite menu, daily specials, delicious wines, and a full bar and lounge. Come in and join us for an authentic Italian dinner tonight. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place was terrible!! It took us about an hour to be waited on...Many times I was ready to get up and leave...horrible service. I ordered a glass of red wine and my wine glass smelled like "Dirty Dog"! YUK! I'm not pickey at all but this was bad. Even my husband hated the experience...the food was not worth it at all! We are never going back!

2  Thank AliciaSacramento

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family & I took our parents & some visitors from out of town to Palermo a few years ago & have not been back since. It's not that the food was bad necessarily, but the waitstaff (I even think it might have been the manager/owner of the place) was very unaccommodating & rude. Our parents & guests had some questions about the menu due to dietary restrictions & allergies. I think the waiter felt we were asking too many questions & he tried to intimidate us with his haughty attitude. The only thing his attitude did was make us not want to go back again! By the way, Palermo is located in a tacky strip mall off of Elk Grove Blvd -- it's not in some high-end location nor is the ambience of the restaurant that great.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

First went on a whim it replaced a failed Indian restaurant and sits in a nondescript strip mall behind 3 fast food restaurants. Not at all what I expected. The owners and family run the restaurant from front to back. They relocated a successful restaurant from Palo Alto in the Bay Area to join family here. The food is outta this world and the pride of ownership is evedent from the moment the owner and chef warmly greets you as family especially if you are a repeat patron. Best plates Lobster raviloi in a light vodka cream sauce, Oso Buco when available, Gnocci to die for. Your eyes roll back in your head good! They have become busier over time in spite of the location. People find great food and in this case great food found me.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Many friends who live in Elk Grove rave about this little neighborhood Italian restaurant and I was happy to have the oppprtunity to try it after wine tasting in Lodi. It sits next to unimpressive store fronts, a chiropractic office, a bike shop and a discount food and liquor store, so don't expect the ambience of anything more inside. There are two rooms: one in the front with no table cloths and one in the back with table cloths. You will be seated in the front. Since I tend to be a table cloth kind of girl, I asked the waiter the difference between the two rooms. He said he didn't understand it, but the better dining room was only if you were not going to eat. Sitting at a sticky table, I wondered why pictures of high school football on the walls were used for the decor of an Italian restaurant? The wine list is limited, but inexpensive. Although there are many good inexpensive wines available, they are not available at this restaurant. However, the minestrone soup was one of the best I have had...hearty and homey. It made me forget about the wine. Warning: when they ask if you would like some cheese on your soup, they arrive with a bowl of cheese and a spoon, straight from the 1990's. I am not sure why they don't invest in a hand-held cheese grater from William Sonoma and actually provide some fresh cheese at the table, but hence, they did not. The eggplant was fair to good, but missing basil; the pasta puttenesca was ok but missing the red pepper to give it the punch. Although the dishes were just slightly missing something, it was surprisingly fresh and simple. The Lemoncello Gelato was the best in California....it's as good as what I had in Positano. Overall, this is a nice surprise for a little neighborhood restaurant and a good "Tuesday Night" restaurant. It's not quite good enough for a weekend or a special occasion and a bit casual. The overall feel would have been nicer if people were permitted to eat in the table cloth room; they removed the silly high school football pictures and spent $10 on a cheese grater.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Wonderful staff and delicious food. We will go back! We highly recommend this gem.

1  Thank AdventureTravelersCA

Been to Palermo? Share your experiences!