“Best Chinese Food in Elk Grove”
Review of Happy Garden

Happy Garden
Ranked #22 of 269 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is great.
The atmosphere is odd, but it works. I think the place used to be a country western bar. A lot of the old decor remains.
The quality of service greatly varies from visit to visit. Sometimes it is great. Other times servers can be extremely unattentive or even down right rude. (I dine out a lot. My expectations are modest. But this place has tested my kind patience more than once. The only reason I return is because the food is good.....If the service were good, I would have rated this place excellent instead of very good.)

1  Thank SingaporeSling777

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We live near Happy Garden and go here often. The menu is varied and everything is well done. The staff seem to be always in a hurry and not as attentive as they should be. You have to ask for more tea or water. The one thing that bothers me is they will bring out a plate of one item that someone ordered and then we all have to wait for the rest to be served. This is very bothersome. All plates should arrive at the same time. But, we tolerate this because the food is very good and priced appropriately.

1  Thank JerryJac
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had a little family reunion...large restaurants with lots of tables. The ladies pushing the carts were good at describing what they had to offer. Variety was very good, taste was excellent. Compared to LA Chinatown, this dim sum restaurant was excellent!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I previously reviewed this establishment in July and those comments are still applicable, but there have been two changes. First, the has been an improvement in the service. The staff seems to be genuinely friendlier and I always believe that attitude is a reflection of management.
Second, they have made some subtle changes to some of my favorite dishes. That kind of improvement in an already successful restaurant is indicates a continuing desire to be better. I repeat my previous recommendation. Go and enjoy!

1  Thank Len T R
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant several times in the last few months. The experiences have all been the same. Very good to excellent Americanized Chinese food in a nice, clean environment.
Restaurant is usually busy, but usually there is no need for reservations. Service tends to be on the slow side, so keep that in mind if you are in a hurry. Menu is extensive and there will something for all tastes. Go and enjoy!