“Good food, can be romantic, slow service.”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #11 of 267 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Good food, can be romantic, slow service.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

If you're not in a hurry, it can be a nice place to go; romantic even, if you get the right seat. I've never had a problem with the food, it's always been delicious. The table wine isn't half bad either. I've never really been impressed with the service though. I will say, however, if you're celebrating a birthday it can be fun because they have someone sing happy birthday in Italian with an amazing voice! Just make reservations and confirm that someone will be singing that night.

“Never going again”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went there for dinner but had a terrible experience. We did not mind the wait because it was a busy night. After waiting for 1 hour 30 min we were finally seated. The waiter came and introduce himself and left. 20 min went by he finally came for our drinks order. Another 25 min went by until he arrive with the drink and left without asking us if we were ready to order. He finally arrive and took our order. We got our food but asked for streak sauce which took him 30 min to bring the food was cold because of the wait. Terrible experience never going back.

Wilton, California
“Moderate Chain Italian”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Similar to Olive Garden in many ways the food is good, the location was convenient at the time.

Sacramento, California
“Consistency in the kitchen”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The food is extremely inconsistent in quality. When its good, I could eat there often. I get the same dish everytime so I really know when the cooking is off.
Sometimes they are not ok when I ask for 2nds on bread. There is often an attitude. I don't mind paying for it, but I want 2nds on bread when there are 4 of us. And now they refuse to give a sharp knife for the bread even when you ask. The Carmela chicken was awful and runny last week, and it was busy in there, which made me apprehensive from past experience that it won't be good as the kitchen gets way overwhelmed easily. Mine was absolutely no good.
It is close to me and I like it for takeout sometimes, but others are just disasters.

Visited April 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Consistently good food at Romano's. Large portions and reasonably priced.

Visited March 2012