“Exceptional Cuisine”

Sheldon Inn Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheldon Inn Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 269 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: American, Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I recently visited Silva's Sheldon Inn to celebrate my Uncle's birthday. This warm and friendly establishment sits in the extremely small ranch town of Sheldon. It is wonderfully maintained, family friendly with the owners and staff always friendly and helpful. Dress up or dress down, all are welcome. You will always find a mix of attire which no one thinks twice about. The best thing is the cuisine. The owners are husband and wife, both having extensive history managing and chuffing and renowned restaurants. The chef's recipes always tantalize my palate, sending me away wanting to try more items from the menu. The Inn is well known for its calamari which is only served if fresh squid meeting the chef's standards is available. I personally feel the chef may be the finest in this region, yet his talents are quietly tucked away in a quaint rural, warm and friend country inn. All employees are kind, helpful and nice!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great food and service, been there a few times, always great. Dinned in May. Very rustic, but comfortable. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've been to Silva's on several occasions and I've never had anything I didn't like there. Food is great.....from the fantastic appetizers to the always rotating array of options of dessert. If you want a hearty home-cooked meal this is your place.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Everything that I have had at the Sheldon Inn has been wonderful. From fantastic appetizers to berry cobbler with ice cream. Some of the produce even is picked from the garden in back, when in season. It is a wonderful country setting in the small community of Sheldon, making the short drive (10 minutes) from Elk Grove that much more fun.

Whatever the special is, I highly recommend you select it. The bernaise sauce is wonderful when available.

Everyone is friendly and the environment is causal and will pull you back to a less complicated time. Clearly, I couldn't recommend this wonderful place more.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This' family run ' restaurant gets our vote for a good dining experience. Just a note: They are only open for dinner (they open at 5pm) - their menu is pretty extensive with great variety. Service was great. I had the salmon and my husband at the rib-eye. Both meals were served either with soup or salad. Service was great.
Bar Service was okay - our ' lemon drop martini's' were not what we're used to so I wouldn't recommend them.
One recommendation we have is instead of standing out in front of the restaurant for it to open - have the bar open say a min 30 min prior to the dining room so folks can have a cocktail or two before dinner in the bar vs having a drink at the table.