“Delightful surprise”

tea garden
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Elk Grove
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Nicely decorated, excellent food and fast friendly service. This restaurant will definitely be on our itinerary every time we are in the area

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great food, great prices and great service. I sometimes stop on my way home and order a combination plate to go. (soup is not included on to go orders but they let me eat mine while I wait. I love that. Barbeque Pork appetizer is wonderful.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We ordered takeout--twice cooked pork, honey walnut shrimp, and sesame chicken. All were very good! We also ordered pork egg rolls and vegetable fried rice. We were a little surprised to find iceberg lettuce in the rice, but it was still pretty good. We are looking forward to our next meal from Tea Garden. Planning to try their egg foo young, among other menu items. Hopefully they will be as good as what we enjoyed during this meal.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went to dinner at Tea Garden while staying with family in the neighborhood. The decor is very well-designed for a casual location; our server was very helpful and friendly, and all three dishes we sampled were excellent. Very fresh ingredients, crispy vegetables and great flavor, whether the dish was spicy or not. I had the Hunan Spiced Pork with barbecue pork (there are two choices): really good with just a touch of heat. Asparagus chicken was available in October, with the asparagus perfectly cooked; Cashew Chicken was crisp and interesting, without a heavy brown sauce. Vegetable fried rice had a freshly made, almost grilled flavor with nice pieces of cabbage and other vegetables, not the usual cubed carrots and peas. There were many authentic choices, including clay pot preparations. Would definitely rate this as above-average, good-quality Chinese at a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place is great! My husband and I tried a number of places and we feel Tea Garden is the best. We get take out here often but like the dine in restaurant as well. I really like that the dining room is clean. The usual wait time for take out is 10 mins and they are really nice. Recently I brought a friend here for her birthday for lunch and they did not charge us for her meal. Very nice gesture and was very appreciated. Perfect lunch spot if you work at Apple but worth the drive across town. We always get the combo fried rice.