All reviews kentucky fried chicken felt safe air conditioner kitchenette starbucks nico esa stove maintenance lodging
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Do a big favor to yourself and don't waste your money, this place is garbage, I was working for an airline and I have been staying in the hotel all around the world, but I never had an experience like this, you can't even call this place a hotel. The room was empty not even the very basic stuff let alone to other things. All of the corner in our room was full of the spider web ( with spider), I think the last time the vacuum the room was back to at least a year ago. No reception at the front desk, I had to stay in my car and wait for somebody to show up which is ridiculous. When I booked the room it was included breakfast that's why it was more expensive compared with other hotels, huh I took pictures of their breakfast bar. I will never ever come back to this place. I dont want to give them any star .

Room Tip: there is no good room
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Soraya, we are really sorry for the difficulties you faced during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for our lack of responsiveness while you were here. The service that you described is not typical for us, and steps have been taken to address the issue. Also, your feedback has been discussed with our housekeeping team to be more diligent going forward. We hope you will afford us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

This is a typical Extended Stay America. My room was in good repair having been redone relatively recently. The common areas were a bit more worn although they were doing some painting while I was there. The rooms are sizable. The bed was very good. The pillows are minimal. The towels are okay but they have too much polyester to be thirsty.

As is typical of this chain services are minimal. You aren't paying for service you're paying for the kitchenette. This particular one had absolutely nothing in it in the line of utensils. Apparently you pay extra for those. But I didn't care as I didn't need them.

The location was relatively quiet which is something I value. There were a few key services within walking distance such as a Starbucks and a Kentucky Fried Chicken and a couple other places. The motel is very close to Interstate 5 and about five miles from State Route 99. The motel is pet friendly.

The one thing that bothered me a lot, and it may not bother you, was the lack of staff. I was there for five days and I must have passed the front desk 40 times. There was someone there three of those 40. Mostly you don't need help from the front desk but if you do it's nice to be able to find someone. When I arrived, somewhat after hours, there was no one there. When you pick up the phone and ring for service like the sign tells you to, the phone rings in an empty office. Someone else had gotten there to check in ahead of me and was calling the corporate office trying to see if he could locate someone to help him. About 10 minutes after I got there, and apparently half an hour after the other guy got there, someone showed up at the front desk to help us.

Twice while I was there my electronic key stopped working and I had to find someone to reset it. One time I found someone by wandering through the halls. The other time I just stood at the front desk, beat on the desk, and yelled until someone appeared.

So if you don't think you'll ever need help from the front desk, this is a reasonable place to go. It's a decent motel in a good location at a reasonable price. But if you think you might need some help you'd better go somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Although you liked most of our offerings during your pleasant stay, we are sorry for the service issue. Your feedback is shared with our front office team to be more diligent going ahead. We hope to have another chance to deliver you with an exceptional experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

I used to use this hotel frequently but that was nearly a year ago. I booked this hotel for 7 nights. I called in the morning of my check in day to remind them I would be a late check in as I was flying 3,000 miles across the country and would be there that night. The man that answered the phone said he would make a note of it. I arrived at 8pm and was told my room was over sold. In fact 8 rooms were over booked and they had nothing for me! The lady at the desk said she was pulled from another Extended Stay and apologized. She said all the management that works there are no longer there either. So something major happened at that hotel and it is not what I remember. I CAN NOT TRUST them again! At 8pm at night, terribly exhausted from traveling all day and I needed to work the next day...I had NO HOTEL room and she told me there is a large event going on with no rooms left at any other hotel in the area too! SO LONG EXTENDED STAY, ELK GROVE! I will give Kudos to Priceline for giving me 20% extra back in a refund from my trouble and I didn't even ask for it.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

We are terribly sorry about the issues you experienced with your reservation. Your comments have been discussed with our team, and we are reviewing our procedures to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another chance to make this up to you and demonstrate excellent hospitality from our team.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

I was tremendously disappointed by my stay. I had used this brief three day stay as a trial for future longer stays, and if this is the quality of Extended Stay America, I will not utilize this Hotel chain. I could have had much better, cleaner, safer rooms for much less money. This was a very poorly kept hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

We cannot apologize enough for the poor service you received during your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our team to be sure we meet the high standards you expect from our brand. We are committed to making sure we don't repeat what you experienced and hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

The grounds are very dirty, garbage everywhere. Check in went smooth, room was decent. Bed looked like someone had been laying on it, very wrinkled. Remote was disgusting, dirty, filthy. Desk chair was so gross with white stuff all over it, I wouldn't sit on it for put anything on it. Elevator was broken and they had no rooms for me on the first floor like I requested. That was a big bummer! Stair well smelled like pickles, sour kraut and poop, a very weird smell. I will not be back.

Stayed: January 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. We sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered which resulted in a disappointing stay. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. Unfortunately, we missed something during this process and for that, we truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We are working with our housekeeping team to reiterate the importance of our daily duties to make sure this isn't repeated. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a better experience on your next visit.