Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove(Elk Grove)(Great Value!)
$140
HIExpress.com
$149
$154
$137
$135
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove(Elk Grove)(Great Value!)
$152
$122
$108
Agoda.com
$90
All reviewsfelt safeair conditionergreat customer servicekitchenettestarbucksnicoesastoveseglodgingmaintenanceshampoo
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We felt safe here and the location was centrally located to many shops and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, especially Sofia Ali who went above and beyond to ensure all our needs were met.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Santreese K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review. It's great to hear that my staff addressed your needs in an appropiate fashion. I will definitely let Sofia know that she did a great job. I am glad that you chose Extendedstay Hotels for your stay and that you felt safe. Your safety is one of our main priorities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is the most disgusting place I've ever been! We've made a reservation for 1 night at this hotel. It's listed as a pet friendly hotel, but don't leave yourself or your pet in its rooms. The lobby is fine, but as soon as you get to the 3rd floor (that's where my room was located), it reeks of cigarette smoke, even though there are numerous "no smoking" signs in the hallway. It is very clear that patrons are smoking there. Upon entering the room, there were several issues noted:
1) the room smelled of a combination of cleaner and cigarette smoke.
2) the bed was gross and dirty.
3) the sofa chair was dirty.
4) the chairs were damaged and had lots of scratches.
5) the shower handles and plate were calcified.
I took pictures and immediately left, requesting to have my money back. The front desk clerk was very kind and gave me my money back, but also minimized the room's condition, stating that the housekeeper "probably had a bad day." This was well beyond just the housekeeper!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a pet friendly hotel, do not go to this one. Try the Holiday Inn Express, which is not very far from this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you might give us an opportunity in the future to host you as our guest.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to take care of my needs. If the bed is too hard for you, ask them for a matress pad. The location was very nice - I felt safe here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish the review on your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. Thank you and please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here one night on April 1. The room was clean enough but don't expect much besides a bed and a really hard one! There was a refrigerator and microwave if you decided to heat something but you would have to have your own plates etc. to use it. We had one glass one coffee mug and no hairdryer. We didn't complain at the desk just made do as it was only one night. There was a Hampton Inn next door that we both felt would probably have been nicer. There's no breakfast not even coffee, but there is a McDonalds close so we grabbed an Egg McMuffin as we left. There is a coffee pot in room with a hotel packet of coffee, if you have ever had those you know they are ususally awful, we went to Starbucks next door. This was our first and probably last Extended Stay hotel especially as it was no bargain!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. We are making improvements and upgrades everyday so we hope that you might consider us in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

I called and cancelled my reservation 2 days before my arrival date. The charge showed up on my credit card statement anyway. I disputed my charge, visa removed it, Extended Stay charged my card again and I have not been able to get it removed. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo