“Very Accommodating”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to take care of my needs. If the bed is too hard for you, ask them for a matress pad. The location was very nice - I felt safe here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish the review on your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. Thank you and please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here one night on April 1. The room was clean enough but don't expect much besides a bed and a really hard one! There was a refrigerator and microwave if you decided to heat something but you would have to have your own plates etc. to use it. We had one glass one coffee mug and no hairdryer. We didn't complain at the desk just made do as it was only one night. There was a Hampton Inn next door that we both felt would probably have been nicer. There's no breakfast not even coffee, but there is a McDonalds close so we grabbed an Egg McMuffin as we left. There is a coffee pot in room with a hotel packet of coffee, if you have ever had those you know they are ususally awful, we went to Starbucks next door. This was our first and probably last Extended Stay hotel especially as it was no bargain!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove. We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. We are making improvements and upgrades everyday so we hope that you might consider us in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

I called and cancelled my reservation 2 days before my arrival date. The charge showed up on my credit card statement anyway. I disputed my charge, visa removed it, Extended Stay charged my card again and I have not been able to get it removed. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2011

While the area is real nice, I feel I can walk around the surrounding area at night alone and safely, I would not stay here again. The hallway and entrance ways reeked of pot and and there were groups of people smoking it outside the exits, I had my kids with me and that is unacceptable.
While the employees were nice they were often hard to find since they would hide around the corner. When my son got sick they also didn't know where the closest hospital was and also told us that we needed to bring our dirty towels and linens to the front desk even though they had told us to put them in the hallway.
It was nice to have a kitchenette but with a family of 4 having 2 of everything just doesn't cut it. Plus there was no dish soap.
We got a renovated room which didn't look all too renovated to me but after reading other reviews I guess I'm lucky. The only thing that seemed new were the curtains. The comforters were thin, snagged and looked dirty and the bed was ungodly hard.
On our last night the fire alarm went off and we had to grab our kids and go sit in the car for a half hour because someone "over-cooked their food in the oven". Thankfully they comped that night.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed November 12, 2010

stayed here on business for a week ..great location..was wowed by the staff who were very helpful with directions and map for my business meeting...super clean"

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The reviews here nearly scared me into Motel 6, but I was warned by a local that it was not safe (I usually am fine with Motel 6). I was attending a dog-related event and this was the host hotel for the event, as well as the only affordable pet-friendly choice besides Motel 6. I was surprised to find the room in good order, quiet and clean. I found a few stray hairs only because I was really searching due to paranoia caused by these reviews. There are signs in the room stating that there is housekeeping only after 7 days. There were plenty of towels for my 2-night stay. If I needed more, I could get them from the front desk. The room was large, with a kitchen - full size fridge, 2 burner stove, micro & sink. No dish soap provided and you had to do your own dishes. One of the bedspreads had a rip down low, near the floor. I don't care - I'm not keeping it. TV, cable, everything worked fine. Small fee for wifi. If you need an upscale experience this is not for you. If you are a budget traveler who can make your own bed and find your own breakfast, this place is fine. It fit my simple criteria - clean, no bugs, pet-friendly, affordable (for this town).

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Kayypea
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Stayed over 2 nights and would have been better off staying in the projects with my car door unlocked and my wallet on the ground. The price is good and the place looks nice from the outside but the rooms are outdated and beware! The TV was ghetto and all we were missing was an antenna to make it work and the cable stations were poor. One of the nights we were greeted with a teenage party down the hall and underage teenage drinkers and kids with warrents. Kids were hanging out in the hall ways drinking, smoking and talking loud to each other. Kids were running down the halls and banging on doors. The police were called and at least 30 kids were lined up across the hall drunk and told by Elk Grove Police to leave the hotel room....after they have been drinking.....no one was arrested not even the kids with warrents. Granted, I got no sleep that night and finally everything calmed down around 3:00am. There was no one to notify at the front desk about the party so the police had to be called. Thank god I had family in the area and I spent most nights with them. I would not stay here and I would not recommend anyone else to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!