Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in July. Easy check-in. Nice accomodations - 2 queen beds which were comfortable, desk/chair (like the plug in for my laptop), good sized fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, all very clean. Breakfast was quite good - had everything you would want. Not a big fan of the soupy meat concoction and would prefer they had either bacon or sausage and rotated that offering between the days. Free internet - decent speed.
Pool and hot tub is good sized for the size of the hotel. Would have preferred that they didn't schedule maintenance on it and having it out of order for 2 of the nights during our stay when they knew there would be a boatload of kids staying on property due to a baseball tournament in town. That was sort of poor planning.
Staff were very tolerant of the 11/12yr old boys who infiltrated their hotel - ensuring there were plenty of cookies at the front desk and talking to them.
Rating of 5 is relative. What i mean is that I'm not expecting the Ritz for this category of hotels but for what it is, I think it has all the makings of what a hotel in this class should/does offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elk Grove, CA. We're located right off HWY 99 and the Laguna Boulevard exit in the Laguna Gateway Shopping Center, approximately 20 miles from Sacramento International Airport, and a few minutes away from downtown.Our hotel features 116 graciously designed guest rooms and suites and free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout our hotel. In the morning enjoy our hot new Express Start breakfast bar featuring omelets, bacon and our mouthwatering signature cinnamon rolls everyday!We're proud to have the largest hotel banquet space in Elk Grove, boasting 3,400 square feet, for weddings, meetings or any other special event. Our facilities have the capacity to accommodate up to 400 people. Free and ample parking in front and back of our hotel.If you're traveling on your own, in a group or with family, you'll find this to be an awesome location for shopping, dining or just socializing! Century Movie Theater and United Artists Movie Theater are walking distance away, as well as Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Home Depot, Ulta Cosmetics and Salon & Strikes Bowling Alley.Restaurants galore! Mimi's Cafe, Macaroni Grill, Logan's Steakhouse, BJ's Brewhouse Bar & Grill, Mandangos Bar, Chili's, & Friday's. to name a few.Local businesses and attractions: All Data, Auto Zone, Apple Computers, Weyerhaeuser, Kaiser, Barbara Morse Wackford Aquatic & Community Complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove
- Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
- Holiday Inn Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Holiday Inn