We only stayed one night as we were passing through on a road trip. Five stars on the rooms considering the price we paid from Hotwire. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and everything was in working order. The location is very convenient being next to the 99 freeway and sitting on the edge of a shopping mall. Plenty of places to eat, within walking distance. We drove a little further to Elk Grove Blvd and had an really tasty dinner at Thai Chili. If you like Thai food, you have to go there.
We had two rooms, one backing to the freeway, the other across the hall backing to the street. I didn't notice too much traffic noise but we were all pretty wiped so it did not bother any of us. There was a mini fridge and microwave which I always appreciate having.
The free breakfast was meh since it was mostly pre-cooked or packaged for convenience, so 3 stars on the food. The selection consisted of hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, assorted breads, banana, bacon, cheese omelette and pancakes. The bacon was good (thin but crispy) but the pancakes were pretty awful. The omelette was decent if you like processed cheese and the OJ is watered down. I agree with other reviewers who commented that there should be more fruit available even if it's a bowl of apples, oranges and bananas. However, we didn't stay here for the food, so it's not a deal breaker.
I would definitely stay again, particularly if you can get a promotional rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elk Grove, CA. We're located right off HWY 99 and the Laguna Boulevard exit in the Laguna Gateway Shopping Center, approximately 20 miles from Sacramento International Airport, and a few minutes away from downtown.Our hotel features 116 graciously designed guest rooms and suites and free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout our hotel. In the morning enjoy our hot new Express Start breakfast bar featuring omelets, bacon and our mouthwatering signature cinnamon rolls everyday!We're proud to have the largest hotel banquet space in Elk Grove, boasting 3,400 square feet, for weddings, meetings or any other special event. Our facilities have the capacity to accommodate up to 400 people. Free and ample parking in front and back of our hotel.If you're traveling on your own, in a group or with family, you'll find this to be an awesome location for shopping, dining or just socializing! Century Movie Theater and United Artists Movie Theater are walking distance away, as well as Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Home Depot, Ulta Cosmetics and Salon & Strikes Bowling Alley.Restaurants galore! Mimi's Cafe, Macaroni Grill, Logan's Steakhouse, BJ's Brewhouse Bar & Grill, Mandangos Bar, Chili's, & Friday's. to name a few.Local businesses and attractions: All Data, Auto Zone, Apple Computers, Weyerhaeuser, Kaiser, Barbara Morse Wackford Aquatic & Community Complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove
- Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
- Holiday Inn Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Holiday Inn