“Nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
“Nice stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel twice in June/July. Both times, we enjoyed our stay. The pool area is a great place to visit with friends, the location is convenient, and the staff are accommodating. Restaurants and shopping are within walking distance. Be sure to visit Leatherbys!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a quality stay for all our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were in Room 225 July 16, 2014, no view in this room. You see the side parking lot and a small glimpse of the pool.
1.) Stinky, moldy smell of the shower curtain;
2.) The Bath tub did not drain well so when you shower you are standing in dirty water :-(
3.) Black dots above the shower/tub, not sure if they were signs of mold buy yuk :-(
I brought it up to Andrea at The Front Desk and she was polite and said she would bring to the attention of the Front Desk Manager.
Breakfast was just okay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Grace M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class accommodations and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. Please accept my apologies for the condition and cleanliness of the bathroom you experienced. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rocklin, California
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Supposedly free shuttle to Grand Island Mansion with hotel stay for a wedding but this is Not True. I made reservations with the hotel for a wedding, we got a slightly better rate than the wedding package because we are Platinum Rewards. I called the hotel directly 2 times making sure we were part of the wedding group and checking if we could use the "free shuttle". Both times I was assured we were part of the group & were able to use the "free shuttle". We arrived the day of the wedding & were told by the front desk manager that to use the shuttle with our rate we would have to pay around $45.00 more per room, Much more than what would be the difference between our rate & the wedding guest rate. We were very unhappy that they had not told us that beforehand. The shuttle is actually taxi's not a shuttle & our driver drove somewhat erratically on the dangerous Delta road. They told us woe needed to return in the taxi by 10:30 & the wedding was not over till 11:30! Father of the Bride had to talk to taxi driver who finally agreed to leave at 11:30. Well they left right at 11:30! We tried to return at 11:45 & were informed there were no more taxis & none would be returning. I would not recommend this hotel for a wedding at Grand Island Mansion. The front desk staff was rude, & uninformed about the wedding pkg. Also the breakfast area could have been cleaner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Joy P,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service particularly with the shuttle service. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will address these with the proper department to improve the quality and service that we offer to our guests.

Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was really impressed by this hotel. Especially the quality for the price. Our room was large with tall ceilings, couch, desk and a kitchenette. The hotel staff were wonderful and the breakfast options were vast with something for everyone. The hotel was very quiet and was tucked back away from the noise of traffic. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Elk Grove.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I'm pleased to hear that your stay was great. We strive to provide great value and quality stay to our guests. We hope to see you soon in a near future.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

A few of my friends had great reviews on this hotel...So, I decided to give it a try! I wanted a hotel close to Interstate 5, that had a few restaurants, gas stations and a clean room to get a peaceful night sleep. I didn't think that was to much to ask for. We got everything we wanted except the clean room and a peaceful night sleep.

We checked in rather late. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful upon arrival. We got the keys to our room. The first thing my husband noticed was a candy wrapper on the floor near the bed. We figured if that was the only thing they left behind no big deal. We left our room to grab a late dinner. It was when we returned and were getting settled in for the night that our room was NOT clean. It had clean sheets on the bed which I suppose is the most important part but there was a long hair next to the bathroom sink, a smaller hair on the back of the toilet and near the drain in the tub. Disgusting!!! When we searched for an extra blanket in the closet we found a wadded up napkins on the floor.

There was no noise from Interstate 5, but the noise from the rooms beside me and above me were unbearable. In the room next to ours you could hear a couple of loud intoxicated males, slamming the door, laughing and carrying on. They then turned the TV on loud and stayed up passed 4am. Needless, to say not a peaceful nights sleep.

In the morning we stopped on our way out for the free continental breakfast. All the hot options were cold and the bread was stale. But my son was happy with his fruit loops. This hotel has great potential, great location close to Interstate 5, Restaurants and Gas Stations. I would stay some where else to get better house keeping and less noise from the other rooms. I guess in this case I got what I paid for. Very disappointed, especially with all the great reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a Clean Room without no neighbors!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear that the room was not clean and you had to endure the noise from the neighboring rooms. Definitely we fell short of your expectations. I want to thank ypu for your feedback as it will allow me to address the issue in these areas.
Riverside, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is a nice hotel. It offers a decent free breakfast. The hotel was rather full so we were only able to get a handicapped room so we cannot comment on their regular rooms. The room we were in did not have a comfortable chair to sit on but hat may come with the kind of room it is. The staff were pleasant.

If you are heading south this is a good location to stop to beat the a.m. traffic in and around Sacramento in the morning.

Room Tip: Unless you need it we do not recommend getting a handicapped room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank your for your recent stat with us. I'm please to hear that our location worked out for to beat the a.m traffic. I'm sorry that the seating arrangements in that room was uncomfortable for you. Our standard rooms does come with a separate seating area with a sofa sleepers. I hope we can accommodate you better next time.
Fremont
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Everything was very pleasant. It was a well maintained and clean hotel. The front desk staff were all very cordial, clean rooms, wifi working great, nice hot breakfast options (turkey sausage, eggs, cereal, etc) and small exercise room (only 4 pcs equipment) which met my needs. My only complaint was the uncomfortable pillows. You definitely have my future business.....so don't disappoint. Keep up the good work and continued business success.

Room Tip: Relatively close to I-5 freeway with many dining options within close proximity.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gordyc48
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I'm pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Comfort Inn & Suites Galt - Lodi North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove? Share your experiences!