“Excellent Value Hotel”

“Excellent Value Hotel”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Disclaimer: Date of actual stay was December 2010

**Location**
If you're in the Elk Grove area, or attending a wedding at the Grand Island Mansion (as we were) then this is an excellent choice
It is about 20 mins away from downtown Sacramento (upto 30 mins in traffic)

**Service**
The staff and managers were extremely courteous and went out of their way to accommodate our special requests and needs. I've not seen this level of friendly and approachable service in many so called 5-star hotels

**Property**
This a new and well kept property. Plenty of parking and much more facilities than you'd typically expect at this price point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have taken note of your valuable compliments and will share it with my staff as we continually strive to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. Thank you kindly!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express while visiting family. The entire stay was absolutely great. Very very clean, the beds were very comfortable and it was very quiet. My great grandson came over with his mom and we all went out to the pool and spa area for a few hours of visiting and my grandson had a great time in the pool. We travel with our family kitty and that was no problem. We will be staying here again when we return to the area and I highly recommend anyone considering a stay in this area come to this establishment. The staff was also very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd level and didn't have any problem with anything. The air conditioning in th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting an excellent review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I will certainly share your comments with my staff as reinforcement to continue to serve our guests with excellent and quality service. We hope to see you soon next time you are in the Elk Grove area!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great location for the business traveler. Easy, quick check in and nice clean room and bed. The carpet in the room was very clean and stain free, which is a huge plus for me. 24 hour coffee comes in handy for long nights or early wake up calls. This location is close to restaurants and fuel stations. I would stay here again when in the Sac area.

Room Tip: Safe area to stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to post a review based on your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Mariposa, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After arriving at the hotel, I had to check to see if I was given the right room. It was described as a large suite with queen beds, separate bedroom and living room area. Not at all like the description. I thought it was like a "Peppermill Suite". After confirmation that this was the Executive suite, I will state the room was clean ,but the beds were closer to "full size". There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The description stated a large flat screen and it was a small one. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were small but clean. The breakfast was standard...but the pancakes were great! They have an excellent pancake maker...technology always impresses me. I did like that the neighborhood was safe and the hotel is quiet. One can get a good night sleep. I think if my expectations were not so high, I would say the room was great. It was better than a standard room and I guess this is good for Sacramento. A couple or single person would enjoy it more. I was with family, 2 children.Pool towels were not available, but we had our beach towels. We stayed 2 nights and would stay again .

Room Tip: I think it's worth it to pay for an executive sutie...it is suppose to be larger than a regular...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear lica0526,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express did not disappoint. I have stayed in many. Clean, quiet, and safe. Rooms are large and well-equipt. Great flat screen tvs. Bathroom is spacious but be careful, I kept stumbling getting into the shower/tub because the tub floor and bathroom floor don't seem to be on the same plane. Free breakfast in lobby cant be beat! The pancake machine is awesome! Nice pizza restaurant across parking lot. Easy freeway access!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here one night as a layover on our long drive from the Northwest to SoCal. We called them while we were on the road, they were very accommodating at a late notice and had a very good rate for two double beds. We called to ask for directions ( silly us, totally easy to fine but there is another in East Elk Grove by 99 and we wanted o be sure we had the right one...don'y YOU get confused, Elk Grove is on I-5 and East Elk Grove is on 99. The room had a flat screen TV, morning coffee maker, clean beds, bath, and the area's above the doors and closets had no dust. We did our compensatory Bedbug check and found No bedbugs...Always check the mattress seams especially around the headboard. Always pull the bed away from the wall and check cleanliness of the floor mouldings and carpet under the headboard. This place was clean.
Parking was good for our Ford Truck and 15' trailer, good night security.The evening staff was very nice as was the morning staff. The breakfast was a typical Holiday Inn "get you on the road" breakfast but fine. Overall it was a good experience, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, Plenty of good food in walking distance.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate and value your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.
san francisco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean, family and pet friendly accommodation. Stayed two nights and don't have any complaints. Rooms were well kept, breakfast filled us up and staff were friendly. Restaurant and gas station were within close proximity. My two Maltese dogs enjoyed their stay as well.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on your stay with us. I am very pleased to know you and your Maltese dogs enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Comfort Inn & Suites Galt - Lodi North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove? Share your experiences!