Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
$114
$159
$131
$149
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove(Elk Grove)(Great Value!)
$152
Travelocity
  • Pool
$112
$108
Agoda.com
$100
All reviewstypical hieroom was cleanpancakesno availshower towelsgreat stopparking lotunder constructionhard boiled eggsyogurtgood sizeshopping and restaurantsother hotelsnice hotelpool and hot tubfree breakfasthotel room
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I'm not one to give five star reviews because we all have room for improvement. But in the case of the HIE in Elk Grove (a suburb of Sacramento), the only improvement I would have made was to use less glaring lightbulbs in the room fixtures and to get some towels that are a little less scratchy. The beds were seriously comfy and the room was super quiet even though we were overlooking a pretty busy parking lot. Big rooms, too. We would have been comfortable even with a family of four (or more). The hotel is located within a shopping center so there are a number of reasonably-priced eateries within walking distance (although I do recommend driving a few minutes to Paesanos for great Italian food). The free breakfast had lots of choices, from cereal to pancakes (they have a pancake maker instead of a waffle maker and that in itself is pretty nifty) and bacon and eggs. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and Moe the maintenance man offered to open my room door for me as I was carrying breakfast up to the room for my hubby. All in all, a very good value and a good night's rest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I'm pleased to know you had a positive experience during your stay at our hotel. I will certainly share your compliments with my staff as reinforcement to continue to serve our guests with excellent and quality service. We value our guests’ opinions and do hope to get a chance to serve you and/or your family with excellent service in the future. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Yeah this hotel seems nice when you first walk in...its overpriced but a safe location considering the area. However, I would recommend the parking lot over hotel. Our first thought was that this hotel was high class but proved that seeing isn't always believing. Well we stayed here for a couple of days, but the price wasn't realistic. We travel and stay at hotels for extended stays and even though the hotel is company paid, we still look at the value.
The breakfast was good, not more than to be expected though. The room was ok, Nice pillows, the housekeeping cleans with leaving your door propped open so watch your [--].
The Hotel called a few days after checkout to inform us that we are being charged $100 dollars for the ugly red throw blanket since they cant find it. I called corporate and started a counter complaint, knowing full well we didn't take it. They dropped the charges though when I confirmed i opened a case to investigate their claim, funny.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jenna1969
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Jenna1969,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable, but are glad you were able to get the billing issues resolved. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed one night on a quick trip to the Sacramento area for a Freelancers performance. A little pricey for me, but the room was very nice. Breakfast was good but didn't have the waffle maker other hotels offer, so I missed that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to write a review regarding your stay. I am pleased to know you had a pleasant stay. We do have a pancake maker for breakfast which our guests do enjoy we hope you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast however please accept my sincere apologies for any inconviences during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for being a loyal guest we apprecate your business and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Easy access to I-5. Clean, newer, and comfortable. Their breakfast was better than average with several choices. Good service. We would stop there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking out your valuable time to write a review regarding our hotel. I’m pleased to know you had positive experience at our hotel during your stay. We serve complimentary hot breakfast with many different choices and I’m glad you got a chance to experience that as well. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Good location, staff excellent, new facility. Excellent TV and wireless signal.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting an excellent review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I will certainly share your comments with my staff as reinforcement to continue to serve our guests with excellent and quality service. We hope to see you soon next time you are in the Elk Grove area!